Matt Demers

STM 39-XXX Delivery Watch / Sightings

20 minutes ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Now, talking about perimeter seating. I just dislike the whole idea... first problem, not all the seats have people seating, even if the bus is jam packed. In fact, I noticed that the max # of people that would be willing to sit on them, even if the bus is at full load, is about 11-13 people (compared to maybe 13-15 people on 2nd gens): the fourth seat (the one that is sandwiched between two other seats) facing sideways is always empty, since no one wants to be squeezed between two strangers; the second seat is also not very well used, since one foot has to be above the intrusion for braking or whatever. In fact, I would rather stand than sitting if there's only these seats left, because it's very painful for me to having to stare at someone during the bus ride, because I need to look outside and cannot stare at anything else, otherwise I get carsickness.

I'm glad you mention the intrusion (probably for the suspension) problem with the second pair of seats facing each other. The front/rear facing seats are one of the reasons why the 2nd gens are better imo.

And I don't know about you guys, but I think they should opt for the framed windows with the retractable top part like on other transit agencies. The A/C is only effective when the temperature reaches 23°C (IIRC) and it can get unconfortably warm in a packed bus even at lower temperatures. Obviously, these windows would have to be locked when it gets warmer, but would be a nice addition for the early and late parts of the summer.

I saw 39-072 as Spécial near Honoré-Beaugrand. 

I took 39-044 on the 141 and I noticed that the dash covered the speedometer area a lot more than older models (sorry, it's hard to describe and the bus was too full for me to take a picture). I assume it's to block out sun rays. Is this a new feature for the 39s?

1 hour ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

I saw 39-072 as Spécial near Honoré-Beaugrand. 

I took 39-044 on the 141 and I noticed that the dash covered the speedometer area a lot more than older models (sorry, it's hard to describe and the bus was too full for me to take a picture). I assume it's to block out sun rays. Is this a new feature for the 39s?

I think so. I've noticed it on all the 39-XXX I've been on (001, 022, 025). I don't know if the late 38-XXX (with the symmetric ceiling) have it too, you probably would have more experience with that.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, Gerbil said:

I think so. I've noticed it on all the 39-XXX I've been on (001, 022, 025). I don't know if the late 38-XXX (with the symmetric ceiling) have it too, you probably would have more experience with that.

I just glanced at the dash of 38-099 and nope, it did not have this feature.

39-016 on 35 run 168 this am

39-070 has a license plate starting with AE, saw on the 141 today.

Rode 39-009 on the 747 this evening. My first time riding on a hybrid with the new seats. These are the worst seats in the world, my back still hurts over 3 hours after getting off the bus.

• Sad 1

This morning before 8 AM.

39-071 - 32N École

39-074 - 33N

16 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

If I see things correctly... 39-001 to 078 (minus 050, 061 and 068) are all in service now. That gives 75/150 = 50% of the 2019 buses are now active.

I thought 125 buses are supposed to be delivered this year (unless that number changed), and not 150.

2 hours ago, BlueberryCake said:

I thought 125 buses are supposed to be delivered this year (unless that number changed), and not 150.

We were 25 buses short in 2018 (supposed to receive 125), so the total this year should be 25 + 125 = 150. The first few 39-XXX arrived in December, so technically they're the last buses of the 2018 order.

• Thanks 1

Next month, Legendre will receive their first hybrid.  I heard they will get 50 new buses.  Will see if it is true.

• Like 1

39-083, 087, 094, 095, 098, 101, 104, 105, 106 were all spotted at Anjou today. None have plates from what I could see.

• Thanks 1

39-050 was testing on the 44 on July 10th. It was following another 44 and departed with that same bus going back north.

Spotted it again yesterday, the destination sign was set to 189 and it was stopped at a service stop. No idea if it was in service or not, I was driving the opposite direction.