CPTDB between 2001-2004?

OC Transpo/STO Fan

Hello, I was recently able to track down an older 2000 version of CPTDB and got some interesting info along the way. This particular version was on CGI for Me and was extremely different from what I am used to on here. The last archive was in December 2001. However, I found that almost none of the OC Transpo threads worked, that's a shame.

I was not able to track down any version of CPTDB after December 2001 and before July 2004. Would any of you know where to find it?

49 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Hello, I was recently able to track down an older 2000 version of CPTDB and got some interesting info along the way. This particular version was on CGI for Me and was extremely different from what I am used to on here. The last archive was in December 2001. However, I found that almost none of the OC Transpo threads worked, that's a shame.

I was not able to track down any version of CPTDB after December 2001 and before July 2004. Would any of you know where to find it?

You should try https://archive.org/.  Lots of good information.  I haven't tried looking up the CPTDB but you could check to see if anything works.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

old.cptdb.ca now links to an Australian band's page

The old board has been offline since 2016 or so. The last time I recall it being online, I had been reading about older OC Transpo sightings and retirements. Unfortunately, I didn't take a look at the other Ottawa threads before it went offline a few months later.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, TechSpotlight said:

You should try https://archive.org/.  Lots of good information.  I haven't tried looking up the CPTDB but you could check to see if anything works.

That's what I used to get the older 2000-2001 versions of CPTDB, as well as the 2006 version of it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I managed to find an old archive from 2003 and found some more very interesting info. Unfortunately, I found another from May 2004 that refused to load anything, that's a shame...

I wish this was put back up as a vintage site to browse through but I know that's a lot to ask for.

Sorry to bring this back to light, but can you update this thread of links to the old forums? I have found many photos that were suppose to be "gone" forever, but thankfully I was able to recover some jaw dropping photos from the late 90's/early 2000's from (now) retired transit veterans on OC Transpo. CPTDB use to hot link to other NCR transit pages which had mother loads of info. For example, this photo of OC 4140 with a Balios sign and a bike rack and other ones I really liked seeing.

These photos are from a (retired?) transit veteran, "Volgren Boys". I believe he posted his photos on GeoCities which Yahoo pulled the plug on in the future, destroying whatever history there was that wasn't archived.

oct_151_4066.jpg

oct_099_9127.jpg

oct_095_8627.jpg

oct_016_4140.jpg

• Like 2