captaintrolley

Christmas Loot 2018 What did you get?

On 12/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, 7575 said:

The shoes are called 'Air Jordans' and apparently their cool.

Depending on your friends they'll either make fun for you and then stop talking to you then you'll have zero friends OR they'll be closer friends than ever.

Or they might not care. 

On 12/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, 7575 said:

The shoes are called 'Air Jordans' and apparently their cool.

Depending on your friends they'll either make fun for you and then stop talking to you then you'll have zero friends OR they'll be closer friends than ever.

Or they might not care. 

• Like 1

On December 25, 2018 at 6:33 PM, 7575 said:

I got an expensive bottle of liquor, money and a new pair of shoes. The shoes are called 'Air Jordans' and apparently their cool.

Money and liquor's always good.  I don't know about the shoes though....Reebok Pumps might give those a run for their money....

On December 25, 2018 at 10:26 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Lite brite from consumers distributing for the win.

Movies on Embassy Gold video releases from BiWay with bonus points awarded if someone gives you a VHS tape and you have a Betamax or vice versa.

On December 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Touché.

my parents really surprised me this year:

3FD686C2-CEE0-46D5-8D64-660162A06788.jpeg

3434FC53-EB01-4F02-B3EC-CA0D56D22CF6.jpeg

356A3A30-FA30-46E5-A060-85E8ED34A075.jpeg

Those paintings really are beautiful.

So, what did I get?  I ended up with some money too which was welcome because I've taken a hell of a financial battering the last 14 months after my car and most of its contents were stolen and it's been a string of different emergencies since then.  Hopefully 2019 will be calmer.  By way of this secret santa game, I ended up with a bamboo coffee mug with a map of the world printed on it which was pretty nice.  My sister gave me this enormous, gigantic frying pan with the idea that I'd use it on this equally huge barbecue I have in the back yard.  I think the barbecue is the only place I could fit it on to cook with it and I suspect I'd have to wash it in the laundry tub.  I'm thinking it would be perfect for making paella in on the monster barbecue when I've got people over.  Honestly, this thing makes my 17" cast iron frying pan look small and that's a monster of a pan!

• Haha 1

Only got one gift this Christmas. 

Saw a friend who I only see a couple times a year. He gave me a card with $20 cash in it cause he said he didn't know if I like Starbucks, Tim Hortons or McDonalds (Even though I am affiliated with the company). Well, it was a nice gift. Apparently, the gift I gave him was the only gift he received for Christmas as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

Only got one gift this Christmas. 

Saw a friend who I only see a couple times a year. He gave me a card with $20 cash in it cause he said he didn't know if I like Starbucks, Tim Hortons or McDonalds (Even though I am affiliated with the company). Well, it was a nice gift. Apparently, the gift I gave him was the only gift he received for Christmas as well. 

Money is always in good taste.  You didn't get anything from your parents?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Money is always in good taste.  You didn't get anything from your parents?

Never asked for anything. If I need something, I'll buy it myself. Also, my family is facing a recession so I thought it wouldn't be fair to ask for anything. My father still pays for some of my bills, that's good enough for me when it comes to "gifts"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greatcoinz said:

Never asked for anything. If I need something, I'll buy it myself. Also, my family is facing a recession so I thought it wouldn't be fair to ask for anything. My father still pays for some of my bills, that's good enough for me when it comes to "gifts"

I never asked my parents for anything either. I also believe in just buying my own necessities and such. Nice of your father to help with the bills, that counts for a lot. 

• Like 2

On December 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM, TechSpotlight said:

I got:

- A Samsung Solid State Drive

- A internal memory card reader for my PC

- Wireless charger for my cell phone

- Driving lessons (very excited for)

- An unreasonable amount of candy and chocolate

Merry Christmas everyone!

Isn't getting too much sweets a good thing?

3 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

Isn't getting too much sweets a good thing?

Yes and no.  Yes because I love chocolate and candy but no because then I eat it all very quickly (trying to break that habit)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, TechSpotlight said:

Yes and no.  Yes because I love chocolate and candy but no because then I eat it all very quickly (trying to break that habit)

I can relate...

• Like 1