Christmas Loot 2018 What did you get?

captaintrolley

On 2/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, Wayside Observer said:

That one looks like short hair.  Sometimes cats from the neighbourhood come and visit my back yard but most of them are pretty shy though and they're just passing through or try to hunt birds eating at my bird feeders.  Cats are such sweet creatures.  Mine's keeping an eye on me from the top of the cushions at the corner of the couch right now.  He was actually a late Christmas gift for 2010; I got him early 2011 a week or two into the new year.

I actually used to have two, the black cat came into our family on the second day of 2011, right after the new year, as a tiny 2-week old kitten, then in mid 2011 we got Layton, who was equally tiny at 2 months old back then (oh how I wish I took pictures of him when he was so tiny! The picture of him under the mini-xmas tree was from late 2015/early 2016). Then in December 2011 the black cat left the house and didn't come back, we looked for him for a while but didn't find any evidence of him, so we assumed someone else took him in. Then 4 years later, this black cat who looks exactly like him started visiting our back yard, so I'm pretty sure it's the same one. But we didn't take him back into the house since he might cause havoc (he was always a bit more "wild" than most cats) and might not get along with Layton. They got along ok most of the time when they lived together, and now they play with each other (sometimes fight) when Layton goes outside, but I'm not sure they would get along if they lived in the same house again. Plus he most likely lives in one of the neighboring houses now.

And on very early Saturday morning (just before 1 am on Feb 02), Layton decided to say hi again (a pic within a pic)^_^

20190202_005519.jpg

20190202_005702.jpg

Edited by D. Jacenkovic