2001 Orion V Retirement

dover5949

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There is a possibility that 9204 is retired.

I use the word "possibility" only because it is currently parked behind 9244 and 9251 at RTC, but over the past few months there have been other buses parked in the same spot, sometimes even Novas or artics, and those always returned to service. This time though, 9204 has been there for almost a week and hasn't moved, so I think that may be its final resting place.

I'm surprised @dover5949hasn't already reported this. :P

2 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

There is a possibility that 9204 is retired.

I use the word "possibility" only because it is currently parked behind 9244 and 9251 at RTC, but over the past few months there have been other buses parked in the same spot, sometimes even Novas or artics, and those always returned to service. This time though, 9204 has been there for almost a week and hasn't moved, so I think that may be its final resting place.

I'm surprised @dover5949hasn't already reported this. :P

That's funny George as I was snooping at the east fence last week & nothing was parked on that side. Now I will have to do some detective work starting in January :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

As in it died or caught fire?

It's a very long story, but to put it in as few as possible.... I was driving, then suddenly the engine made a loud bang and started rattling, almost like it threw a rod. It ran for a bit and then died.

• Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Phillip said:

It's a very long story, but to put it in as few as possible.... I was driving, then suddenly the engine made a loud bang and started rattling, almost like it threw a rod. It ran for a bit and then died.

But there's more to the story than that, the engine did not die on its own, the low oil and stop engine light stepped in and shut the bus down. Otherwise the engine was still idling but unusually loud and surging.

1 hour ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

If the scratch off the fleet # and remove the farebox, then it's a done deal.

They don't scratch off the fleet number, they just remove any needed equipment(farebox, TMAC, compass equipment). Usually there'll be a slip or piece of paper noting that the bus is being held for scrap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...