Monster OAD™ - Fuel Economy tracking?

Al Steadman

Does anyone in this forum know of which fleets track their fuel economy?

I live in Toronto, and the TTC does not currently track their fuel economy for their busses. 

I have two separate fleets who are reporting between 4 and 5% Fuel economy gains just from installing the Monster OAD™ but they are in the USA.

My Canadian customers have requested to see more data from more fleets in more northern climates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AL

• Board Admin
4 hours ago, gilligfanboi said:

So this is an advertising board now?

CPTDB is not getting any compensation for these posts. Anyone, including vendors, is welcome to post on this forum.

There are few members here that actually understand the mechanics behind buses, so my personal opinion is that the more discussion there is, the better.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:17 AM, Al Steadman said:

Does anyone in this forum know of which fleets track their fuel economy?

This ETS Electric Feasibility study has some overall fuel economy figures but I don't think you will find many ongoing fuel economy figures published publicly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A. Wong said:

CPTDB is not getting any compensation for these posts. Anyone, including vendors, is welcome to post on this forum.

There are few members here that actually understand the mechanics behind buses, so my personal opinion is that the more discussion there is, the better.

This ETS Electric Feasibility study has some overall fuel economy figures but I don't think you will find many ongoing fuel economy figures published publicly.

That is interesting information. From what I can see here in Abbotsford and Chilliwack, the only fuel economy tracking that has been done recently was with the Arbocs. Basically they have determined (as many other agencies have also) that the fuel economy benefits of Diesel in the shuttle buses are eaten up by increased maintenance costs associated with all the new emissions hardware. BC Transit has committed to convert over to CNG for small communities, and Battery Electric in Victoria with conventional buses. Small buses are shifting to gasoline, though they may also end up changing to a combination of CNG and/or electric as the tech matures. Interesting times ahead. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, gilligfanboi said:

So this is an advertising board now?

gilligfanboi,

It should be noted that I asked and received permission from the moderator prior to posting anything in this forum.   Posting in this forum, regarding product, is much more about discussion and awareness rather than free advertising.

Thank you for your feedback.

Compliments of the Season.

AL