GrandeWest_B35G

Dark theme

Bump...

I was just about to post asking about a dark theme option... Surprised to see a thread from 2018 but no reply...

Any chance of one being added?

Thanks for searching and bumping it up! A dark theme will be added shortly.

• Thanks 1

The dark theme is now available by going to the very bottom left of the screen and clicking on Theme, then choosing Dark Theme.

Enjoy and please let me know if you run into any weirdness.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, A. Wong said:

The dark theme is now available by going to the very bottom left of the screen and clicking on Theme, then choosing Dark Theme.

Looks good, thank you for this addition!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, A. Wong said:

Awesome! Thanks a lot! much easier on the eyes!

• Like 1

This is great, but I prefer a black theme as opposed to dark navy blue theme.  Most phones nowadays use OLED so it has the added battery life and even less eye strain. Screenshots to show the difference.  If you use a samsung and it's default browser, darkmode is implemented system-wide including all pages you visit on the web, and yes that includes the CPTDB Wiki. Also, there's an extension on chrome called dark reader which applies a dark theme to all websites you visit.

Screenshot_20200317-185956_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200317-190034_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for adding this feature! I like it on the whole, but there are a few things that concern me about the text editor. Sometimes the text is white and you have to highlight it to see what it says, and even when it's not (right now, it's light grey), it's a bit difficult to read for me. image.thumb.png.339b408e9cdd74e9ebcede69f29c112b.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

and even when it's not (right now, it's light grey), it's a bit difficult to read for me.

Same here.  I switched back to the blue theme. 

6 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Thanks for adding this feature! I like it on the whole, but there are a few things that concern me about the text editor. Sometimes the text is white and you have to highlight it to see what it says, and even when it's not (right now, it's light grey), it's a bit difficult to read for me. image.thumb.png.339b408e9cdd74e9ebcede69f29c112b.png

What browser are you using? There was a specific editor skin that was applied and it should look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.23.56 AM.png

On 3/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, Loud-Invero said:

This is great, but I prefer a black theme as opposed to dark navy blue theme.  Most phones nowadays use OLED so it has the added battery life and even less eye strain. Screenshots to show the difference.  If you use a samsung and it's default browser, darkmode is implemented system-wide including all pages you visit on the web, and yes that includes the CPTDB Wiki. Also, there's an extension on chrome called dark reader which applies a dark theme to all websites you visit.

Screenshot_20200317-190034_Samsung Internet.jpg

That looks really nice - too bad we can't make the Chameleon theme look like that!

I just enabled another one called "Night Mode" which is more black. You can give it a test. It may still not be as good as what your phone can produce, but the background is darker and the text is lighter - much more contrast than the dark navy blue.

16 hours ago, A. Wong said:

too bad we can't make the Chameleon theme look like that!

Yeah its unfortunate, but like I said "Dark reader" or Samsung Internet will do the trick :P

16 hours ago, A. Wong said:

I just enabled another one called "Night Mode" which is more black.

I just tried it and it's much better! Comes in very good use for non-tech savy people. Thanks again for the implementation! Now if only we could add that to the wiki as well :ph34r:

5 hours ago, A. Wong said:

What browser are you using? There was a specific editor skin that was applied and it should look like this:

I'm using Firefox.

I tried using this dark theme on the sign-on screen, and noticed the checkboxes, such as that for "Remember me", are hardly visible. It may be relaxing to my eyes, but if I can't see the elements, it could easily produce unexpected behaviour. I'm using MS Edge, by the way.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:26 AM, A. Wong said:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.23.56 AM.png

That looks really nice - too bad we can't make the Chameleon theme look like that!

I just enabled another one called "Night Mode" which is more black. You can give it a test. It may still not be as good as what your phone can produce, but the background is darker and the text is lighter - much more contrast than the dark navy blue.

Mozilla Firefox produces grey text and white links in the textbox.