Transit Tracker - Greater Montréal, Greater Toronto, Sherbrooke and Lévis

FelixINX

On 9/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, jge0364 said:

I have a problem when using it on mobile where it keeps telling me to refresh as there’s a new update but even when I do, that notification still won’t disappear. I tried to clear my browsing history and cache but it doesn’t seem to work

Does anyone has the same problem as @jge0364 (with version 2.7.2)? I am not able to reproduce this issue on my end.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I invite you to fill out the Transit Tracker survey for the year 2022. It will allow me to better understand your use of the application, your appreciation, as well as gather your opinion on new features that will be deployed soon. It's also the occasion to share any comments of new or improved features you will like to see in the app.
The survey should take less than 3 minutes to complete.

Click here for the survey

Thank you for your participation and for helping me build a better application, year after year (for almost 4 years now)!

• 1 month later...

V2.8.thumb.png.b8f21133a0d7fe4968e255feb34a2428.png

Just in time for the holidays, Transit Tracker 2.8 has launched today! Discover a refreshed interface with several new features!

The map has been redesigned

The interface now adapts more to a computer, to take advantage of all the space available. It will no longer be necessary to scroll the screen to see all the information about a vehicle!

The list too!

Discover a brand new list of vehicles, 100% customizable. You can apply much more advanced filters (like in Excel). In app settings you can now change the visible columns and rearrange them! All information can now be displayed on the list.

A refreshed interface

New colors will appear! Nothing much different, the elements now have better contrast to make it easier to look at. Some parts of the app will get a fresh coat of paint in future updates.

With this update, also discover the new version of FleetStats!

Also launching today, @Blue Hybrid Bus worked hard on the new version of the FleetStats application for STM and STL buses. You will find new features there, as well as a link to see the bus directly on the Transit Tracker map. Don't hesitate to visit FleetStats now!

A small point on some agencies

Flows from Mont-Tremblant, Sherbrooke, Lévis and Burlington (Toronto) are sometimes interrupted. Quite often, this is a problem on the agency's (and their supplier's) side, but as much as possible, Transit Tracker tries to get the data. I continue to monitor the situation and adapt Transit Tracker when possible.

The update may take a few hours to arrive on your device. Make sure to close all Transit Tracker tabs to receive the update.

Your comments are welcome! Do not hesitate if you find a bug or have any suggestions: https://forms.gle/tgWuyhz2wnT5aW4E9

Happy Holidays!

Félix

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm already having issues. For starters I can't load both the STM and Exo Laurentides at the same time. Its one or the other.

Second and most importantly, I do not have the ability to sort buses in numerical order. I tried pressing the "Sort A-Z" but its not even clickable. On top of that it won't show all the buses in service despite them appearing in the filter listings. 26-058 was out yesterday on the 168 but the oldest bus it shows was 27-019. If you select certain buses to show, it won't even do that.

Tried this both on Samsung Internet and Chrome on a Galaxy S9.

A friend also encounters the same issues on an iPhone 14 using Safari.

51 minutes ago, Matt Demers said:

Unfortunately I'm already having issues. For starters I can't load both the STM and Exo Laurentides at the same time. Its one or the other.

Second and most importantly, I do not have the ability to sort buses in numerical order. I tried pressing the "Sort A-Z" but its not even clickable. On top of that it won't show all the buses in service despite them appearing in the filter listings. 26-058 was out yesterday on the 168 but the oldest bus it shows was 27-019. If you select certain buses to show, it won't even do that.

Tried this both on Samsung Internet and Chrome on a Galaxy S9.

A friend also encounters the same issues on an iPhone 14 using Safari.

I have the same problem with my lap top

I had the STM and RTL, but I tried selecting RTL only in the table, that didn't work. I had to remove the STM at the home page to see only the RTL vehicles in the table.

And I have another question with regards to the RTL's vehicle numbers: I saw a couple of vehicles labelled "RTLXXXXX" a few days ago; one in particular was labelled RTL11532 or similar. I thought it was possibly 21532 but it apparently doesn't exist. Is this possibly an error on the RTL's part?

1 hour ago, RTL_45 said:

And I have another question with regards to the RTL's vehicle numbers: I saw a couple of vehicles labelled "RTLXXXXX" a few days ago; one in particular was labelled RTL11532 or similar. I thought it was possibly 21532 but it apparently doesn't exist. Is this possibly an error on the RTL's part?

I actually made a spreadsheet of RTL busses (similar to @West Island Transit Fan’s old spreadsheet and Fleetstats) and noticed a few 220 and 221’s that haven’t tracked in a long time or never tracked. Perhaps it’s those? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VG-WmOjkBHiCoX205XwsnUYh9EB8Tf4lYM80zMyt1Hw/edit

14 minutes ago, jge0364 said:

I actually made a spreadsheet of RTL busses (similar to @West Island Transit Fan’s old spreadsheet and Fleetstats) and noticed a few 220 and 221’s that haven’t tracked in a long time or never tracked. Perhaps it’s those? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VG-WmOjkBHiCoX205XwsnUYh9EB8Tf4lYM80zMyt1Hw/edit

Interesting. 11532 is on the 61 right now and was first tracked on 2021-05-11, so I'd think it is one of the later 22xxx (22058 in particular has never tracked). I should go up there and see what is happening.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I've decided to rollback the new table for now - the rest of the new features are still available. I'll take the time to properly test everything and make sure these weird bug are solved. Sorry about the difficulties you encoutered!

As per the RTL, the vehicles you are talking about are:

• RTL11532 (created May 11, 2021)
  • RTL11927 (created Aug 19, 2021)
  • RTL11961 (created Jan 4, 2022)
  • RTL12241 (created May 09, 2021)
  • 20801-2 (created Oct 14, 2022)

If someone can confirm what is the real fleet number, I can add it to the database.

• 3 weeks later...

screely-1672362567889.thumb.png.cd646f164a81d94c9b67ec861b2ee249.png

Version 2.8.3

Take 2 for the table!

The new table may look very familiar to the old one, since it's the same base! Unlike the first attempt (which was a failure, let's face it), I improved the old one instead of creating a new one.

• Columns can be chosen and rearranged in the settings (shortcut at the top right of the table). Reordering is done through a drag and drop interface.
  • Individual column filters are located in a menu that can be opened with the small button
  • Active filters will be displayed at the very top of the table
  • Rows can be sorted by clicking on the column header (as before - no change here)

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated - there would be no improvement to the app without it.

And since we are approaching the end of the year 2022, I want to wish you all a happy new year 2023 filled with happiness and sightings of your favorite buses!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With multiple exo properties that now have multiple contractors. Is there a way we can add a column in the the table of the exo pages to showcase the contractor? Like what is done with the STM to show which garage the bus is operating out of?

Just under the CIT Laurentides branch, we have Transdev, Fleur de Lys, Transcobec, Paquette, Yves Seguin and Autobus Deux-Montagnes which will stay for a while for archival purposes probably. I believe even the Keolis buses from the first DM Rem Shuttles are still there.

Same with SV (Transbus, Transdev) and VR (Transdev, Bell Horizon)

7 hours ago, MTL66 said:

With multiple exo properties that now have multiple contractors. Is there a way we can add a column in the the table of the exo pages to showcase the contractor? Like what is done with the STM to show which garage the bus is operating out of?

Just under the CIT Laurentides branch, we have Transdev, Fleur de Lys, Transcobec, Paquette, Yves Seguin and Autobus Deux-Montagnes which will stay for a while for archival purposes probably. I believe even the Keolis buses from the first DM Rem Shuttles are still there.

Same with SV (Transbus, Transdev) and VR (Transdev, Bell Horizon)

It's a very good suggestion! I've started adding tags this morning. I have to do it manually, it will be a little bit longer for Laurentides since I have to go through the wiki page (STM garage tags is automated thanks to FleetStats).

Do you know what buses are operated by Bell Horizon in VR? There's no info on the wiki.

I will also add a column to the VIN page later today!

5 hours ago, FelixINX said:

It's a very good suggestion! I've started adding tags this morning. I have to do it manually, it will be a little bit longer for Laurentides since I have to go through the wiki page (STM garage tags is automated thanks to FleetStats).

Do you know what buses are operated by Bell Horizon in VR? There's no info on the wiki.

I will also add a column to the VIN page later today!

All those labelled with "BH" are Bell Horizon units, as one can see on the VIN list below. I suppose we can remove the "BH" mention now we have a field for operator.

image.thumb.png.be8fdcfa8eee793685f81e0d5cb050b0.png

I have a master spreadsheet for personal use, which lists vehicles of each operator sorted by type (transit bus, midibus, etc.). I can share it if there are confusions regarding which unit belongs to which operator and/or when the wiki is incomplete.

Off-topic, but it might be worth mentioning that Bell Horizon has some older coaches lying around as spares (not tracking), notably a 2001 H3-45 numbered 1024 (with very nice interior!). A few wiki editors are gathering sightings to eventually update the wiki as much as possible, including the charter units.

===

Regarding the recent update wrt table:

I appreciate the ability to rearrange columns as desired, seems especially convenient on mobile to filter out certain columns. However, I notice that it's harder to filter out columns while sorting now: one needs to press the icon for the text input field to appear, which automatically sorts this column. For example, say the fleet number has been sorted and I'd like to view what's on the 171 (uh yes) while keeping the number sorted, I'd press the "route" header to make the text field appear, which then sorts the routes instead. I wonder if the filter can be kept on the table header, like before? Alternatively, sorting the column can be done via another button instead of directly clicking on the header.

Thanks for the app as usual, and happy new year 2023! I certainly won't be seeing many of my favorite buses though ?

Sorry about the late reply, I was out of town for a few days.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

I suppose we can remove the "BH" mention now we have a field for operator.

Yes these will be removed, as it's now duplicated values. If you could send your master spreadsheet, that could be very helpful to complete the last vehicles remaining! Also, later this week, the VIN suggestion panel will have a field for the operator.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

I wonder if the filter can be kept on the table header, like before? Alternatively, sorting the column can be done via another button instead of directly clicking on the header.

I see the issue here. I think I'll settle for the button to sort directly on the header, instead of the whole header. Shouldn't be too long to implement, tomorrow probably.

• 2 weeks later...

8039 CITSO is now for sorel

are now for Chateaugay 

6017 status unknown probably just out of service. In st jean

61015(22)5 retired 

6014(21)5 status unknown now in beloil 

821 CITSO is retired 

Can the CITLR page please be updated because there a lot of busses that are no longer in service 

2 hours ago, rgilmtl said:

Yes, but if I'm not mistaken this app has a submit what you see rule.

And this is Sud-ouest, they'll be retired by the time exo colours are applied.

On that topic, a lot of the Laurentides units don't have the 2 in the division number (even when they were at Laurentides), so they say 30xx 1x. 

One of the problems is sometimes the numbers aren't consistent. IIRC 6000 at VR says 600012 outside but 6000233 inside. We should mostly stick to what's outside I think. At the end of the day, I don't think suffixes matter that much.

It depends on who gets the new contract that's closing in a few days. I think Transdev has no pressure to "exo" their buses until then.

On a side note, starting with the new contract, routes 1, 28 and 111 will officially switch to transit buses.

@citfan2020 You can submit any suggestions for exo right here : https://api.transittracker.ca/vin

3 hours ago, rgilmtl said:

What's the guideline for when Transdev removes the old division number without replacing it?

The guideline is to have what the real fleet number is, so if it's removed permanently, then it should be displayed as the fleet number on Transit Tracker. As @Frozen Yogurt said, it's better to have what we see outside a bus reflected in the app. It's the most useful label when using Transit Tracker for sightings.

On 12/12/2022 at 5:29 AM, FelixINX said:

Thanks for your comments everyone. I've decided to rollback the new table for now - the rest of the new features are still available. I'll take the time to properly test everything and make sure these weird bug are solved. Sorry about the difficulties you encoutered!

As per the RTL, the vehicles you are talking about are:

• RTL11532 (created May 11, 2021)
  • RTL11927 (created Aug 19, 2021)
  • RTL11961 (created Jan 4, 2022)
  • RTL12241 (created May 09, 2021)
  • 20801-2 (created Oct 14, 2022)

If someone can confirm what is the real fleet number, I can add it to the database.

11927 = 22058 (personal sighting)

2E296829-D322-44FB-8916-DE603DA02639.jpeg

6B8037B2-AC08-4B32-BFA0-5FE4CEB8DC88.png

• Like 1