Transit Tracker - Greater Montréal, Greater Toronto, Sherbrooke and Lévis

FelixINX

6 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

82107 is definitely last-minute delivered and rushed into service, the new Opus reader was only half assembled and the wiring near the destination signs looks like bird's nest. 

Thanks for the additional information about 81607. 3161 is indeed on the wiki, and shown as a 2016 J4500, so hopefully we got its VIN for free.

===

Now moving on to Laurentides:

1) I'm not sure what is with this VIN 2NVYL82jXG3750184 saying 3-629: on the wiki, this same VIN is attributed to Keolis 29271. When one looks up the VIN of 3-629 also on the wiki, it says it's an MTA reject with some Plattsburgh VIN instead. I wonder if someone has some clarifications on this.

2) https://plc.ua/en/auctions/lot/newflyer-transit-bus-2014-vin-2fyd9vr0xeb044611-ia-11345558/ This may have been Transcobec 630, which does have the same color.

That is the big problem we were having with the VINs from Keolis Terrebonne. There were so many errors, people making assumptions on the VINs. We ended up taking those VINs from the wiki and using it to identify the trackers on the website. That is why I asked @FelixINX to clear all the VINs from TM and slowly I have been putting in the correct information as I got confirmation on the sightings.
The correct VIN for 29271 is 2NVYL82J8G3750331, I confirmed that sighting myself in person.

Further more 3-629 is far from being MTA speced. The page was created by @Articulated, maybe he could shed some light onto where the info came from.

exo_LAU-629-30032021-01

As for the New Flyer Midi, it is in fact a Transcobec unit. It was involved in a serious accident as the pictures show and was written off. It happened during the pandemic, so they had buses to spare, reason why it was nver replaced. Matter of fact all the Midis will be retired by the end of the year and replaced with Vicinity buses for the new contract.

2 hours ago, MTL66 said:

That is the big problem we were having with the VINs from Keolis Terrebonne. There were so many errors, people making assumptions on the VINs. We ended up taking those VINs from the wiki and using it to identify the trackers on the website. That is why I asked @FelixINX to clear all the VINs from TM and slowly I have been putting in the correct information as I got confirmation on the sightings.
The correct VIN for 29271 is 2NVYL82J8G3750331, I confirmed that sighting myself in person.

Further more 3-629 is far from being MTA speced. The page was created by @Articulated, maybe he could shed some light onto where the info came from.

Looking back on the history, I originally created the Wiki page for 3-629 with the information you initially provided (with VIN G3750184); this page was then changed by another user (who is usually pretty reputable when it comes to VINs), who replaced the VIN with the ex-MTA one.

For more information, this morning I've been cross-referencing with a fan-compiled VIN production list; while it doesn't have 3-629 anywhere on it, it also lists G3750184 as "Roam 11", which is incorrect as unit (10)11 is a Vicinity (another "Roam 11" is listed as G3750337, one of the TM Novas). The production list does not have any disposal info on ex-MTA 8091 (E4500714). Given the information provided here, I'm willing to accept that G3750184 is Paquette 3-629.

Moving onto the TM Novas... if 29271 is G3750331, that leaves 29272-29278 (7 buses) to fit into a VIN sequence that has room for 6 buses (G3750332-G3750337). Do we know which of these is the odd unit out, and what its VIN might be? There are not a lot of gaps in the VIN sequence to be able to fill it in with.

14 hours ago, Articulated said:

Looking back on the history, I originally created the Wiki page for 3-629 with the information you initially provided (with VIN G3750184); this page was then changed by another user (who is usually pretty reputable when it comes to VINs), who replaced the VIN with the ex-MTA one.

For more information, this morning I've been cross-referencing with a fan-compiled VIN production list; while it doesn't have 3-629 anywhere on it, it also lists G3750184 as "Roam 11", which is incorrect as unit (10)11 is a Vicinity (another "Roam 11" is listed as G3750337, one of the TM Novas). The production list does not have any disposal info on ex-MTA 8091 (E4500714). Given the information provided here, I'm willing to accept that G3750184 is Paquette 3-629.

Moving onto the TM Novas... if 29271 is G3750331, that leaves 29272-29278 (7 buses) to fit into a VIN sequence that has room for 6 buses (G3750332-G3750337). Do we know which of these is the odd unit out, and what its VIN might be? There are not a lot of gaps in the VIN sequence to be able to fill it in with.

TM is the last exo property I have to work on confirming VINs

On 5/8/2022 at 5:44 AM, MTL66 said:

As for the New Flyer Midi, it is in fact a Transcobec unit. It was involved in a serious accident as the pictures show and was written off. It happened during the pandemic, so they had buses to spare, reason why it was nver replaced. Matter of fact all the Midis will be retired by the end of the year and replaced with Vicinity buses for the new contract.

Thanks for the clarifications. Transdev, Keolis and such often do not number units in VIN order, which seems to be causing some confusions amongst the wiki editors. If I'm getting correctly, MTA 8091 never actually made it to anywhere in Quebec...

About the midi, the only reason I ask is because 630 is the only one to have never tracked with its VIN, so the webpage I linked would confirm its VIN.

The next step would be to clean up the wiki I guess.

3 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Thanks for the clarifications. Transdev, Keolis and such often do not number units in VIN order, which seems to be causing some confusions amongst the wiki editors. If I'm getting correctly, MTA 8091 never actually made it to anywhere in Quebec...

About the midi, the only reason I ask is because 630 is the only one to have never tracked with its VIN, so the webpage I linked would confirm its VIN.

The next step would be to clean up the wiki I guess.

Yes 630 got into an accident before the VINs started appearing on the tracker. Technically speaking their brought in 639 (Ex-Brunet Mont-Tremblent, owned by the same owners), it was supposed to return to Nova Bus after they sold the contract to Galland, but they needed a new bus. They took one of the older LFS assigned to the 9 onto the local service and put 639 on the 9.

Eventually we would have to clean up the wiki, I get a roster from a contact at exo every once and a while, and I compare the data from the tracker to see if anything is different. I mentioned it to my contact about the erroneous VINs but he does not have the power to change it, but he was going to send it up the chain.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, TheTransitBusFan said:

@FelixINX i don’t know if you are aware that the Sherbrooke tracker has been down for little while now! Just letting you know!

Thanks for letting me know, I haven't noticed it. The location of the feed has changed, but I've updated it to the new location.

The format of the feed has changed and they're using an unusual format. If you notice anything wrong please let me know so I can look into it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FelixINX said:

Thanks for letting me know, I haven't noticed it. The location of the feed has changed, but I've updated it to the new location.

The format of the feed has changed and they're using an unusual format. If you notice anything wrong please let me know so I can look into it.

Thanks and I’ll keep a close eye on it !

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:16 PM, TheTransitBusFan said:

@FelixINX I’ve been watching the Sherbrooke tracker, during the week it gets stuck, The weekend works fine just missing a lot of vehicles.

I’ll keep a close eye on it, it might be because of all the summer schedule changes that started today. 
just letting you know so your aware! 

EBBBC7DB-3F81-4FC7-9BEF-AFA4F5D7975B.png

Sorry about the delay, I'm really busy at work. Looks like this was a issue on STSH side. I've check on my logs and I can't find anything that failed. It works now but I'll keep looking if this issue comes up again.

• Like 1

There seems to have a bug with the exo VIN form. If we look at the last bus from exo Presqu'île, it says the bus was last seen a year ago, yet it did operate on the temporary 942 shuttle that is currently in service. Or this bus tracker was installed in another bus

image.thumb.png.1f59b650c20df73cbcfb337120413204.png

18 hours ago, eclair14 said:

There seems to have a bug with the exo VIN form. If we look at the last bus from exo Presqu'île, it says the bus was last seen a year ago, yet it did operate on the temporary 942 shuttle that is currently in service. Or this bus tracker was installed in another bus

There is a bug with the VIN page for sure. If you click on each individual VINs it does say when was the (correct) last active time. I wish it displays more informations on the VIN pages, for example exactly at which time (instead of a generic ___ ago), on which route... which would have been invaluable information. Contrary to STM, etc. we don't have a GTFS Tools or FleetStats type of tools for exo, and all the data is literally in the TT database (as seen when one downloads spreadsheets), so I think it would be very nice to tweak a tad bit to display more informations.

My hypothesis: the bug is the last seen column on the screenshot by eclair14 takes the data from the "first tracked" field instead of the "last tracked" field. All the Transdev buses on the 700 today have very recent "last seen" dates on the VIN page, for instance. The LHL shuttles say 5-6 months ago, which is when it started operating, and the rest say a year ago, which is when exo switched to tracking using VINs.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

There is a bug with the VIN page for sure. If you click on each individual VINs it does say when was the (correct) last active time. I wish it displays more informations on the VIN pages, for example exactly at which time (instead of a generic ___ ago), on which route... which would have been invaluable information. Contrary to STM, etc. we don't have a GTFS Tools or FleetStats type of tools for exo, and all the data is literally in the TT database (as seen when one downloads spreadsheets), so I think it would be very nice to tweak a tad bit to display more informations.

My hypothesis: the bug is the last seen column on the screenshot by eclair14 takes the data from the "first tracked" field instead of the "last tracked" field. All the Transdev buses on the 700 today have very recent "last seen" dates on the VIN page, for instance. The LHL shuttles say 5-6 months ago, which is when it started operating, and the rest say a year ago, which is when exo switched to tracking using VINs.

I can confirm that the information is when that VIN appeared on the tracker.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct, the wrong field was used. This has been corrected and will be pushed on the next update.

And thanks for the feedback, the page will be improved to include more info. I'm also trying to include a VIN decrypter to automatically show info about a vehicle.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

@FelixINX Transit Tracker hasn't updated since yesterday morning across all agencies. Just giving a heads up!

Edit: it's back.

Sorry about that, it has now been fixed!

With the latest update, you can now see more info on each vehicle (now for Novabus and Newflyer, more brands in the future). You can also see the latest info recorded by each agency.
The bug you described have also been fixed!

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:54 PM, FelixINX said:

With the latest update, you can now see more info on each vehicle (now for Novabus and Newflyer, more brands in the future). You can also see the latest info recorded by each agency.
The bug you described have also been fixed!

The individual vehicle pages now look good, I appreciate now being able to see detailed last tracking data for each vehicle. Thanks for adding this!

On the other hand, it seems like the last seen column for each individual exo properties still needs to be fixed. I attach a screenshot for Presqu'Île as an example, where it still all says 1 year ago for all vehicles. 

stillbugging.png

• Like 1

Only 3 more VINs to confirm and we will have a complete picture of buses currently tracking for the different exo properties.

All 3 VINs left to confirm are in Terrebonne-Mascouche, all 3 are also New Flyer MiDis. 1 last push to get this done. I will try and find these 3 buses this week to confirm once and for all the correct vehicle to each VIN. Over the past few months, many changes were made and the right number was associated to the right VIN. The next project will be updating the wiki to reflect the confirmed VINs, as many are incorrectly listed and what was used at first to identify the VINs. At 1 point there were 4 different VINs tagged for exo Terrebonne-Mascouche 29278.

2 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

The individual vehicle pages now look good, I appreciate now being able to see detailed last tracking data for each vehicle. Thanks for adding this!

On the other hand, it seems like the last seen column for each individual exo properties still needs to be fixed. I attach a screenshot for Presqu'Île as an example, where it still all says 1 year ago for all vehicles. 

stillbugging.png

Should also be noted the titles for the columns are reversed for Manufacturer and Fleet Number.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

On the other hand, it seems like the last seen column for each individual exo properties still needs to be fixed

3 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Should also be noted the titles for the columns are reversed for Manufacturer and Fleet Number.

Both issues are now fixed!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

New feature, tags!

Since yesterday, some vehicles have tags, allowing you to quickly see specific information about a vehicle.

The tags are visible in two places: in the list and under the vehicle number after a selection on the map. Here are the two tags that are now displayed:

•      Electric buses
  •      Garage assignments for STM buses, offered in collaboration with FleetStats, made possible by @Blue Hybrid Bus!

Suggestions are welcome for other tags! Fill out the contact form by clicking here.

Coming in the next few months

Still work in progress, but here is an idea of what I'm planning on building in the next months.

•      Filters on the map
  •      Choice of columns for the list
  •      Favourite vehicles (quick access and notifications)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Nice work like usual! I wonder if there is a way to turn the tags off, the colors could be distracting (and frankly I don't need to see a bunch of purple on the 171...).

Not for now, but it's planned for the next version. I will introduce a setting to choose which columns to display on the table, and there will also be more choices than the current table!