FelixINX

Montréal Transit Tracker

The website hasn't updated for me since yesterday at 13:31.

Is this a problem on your end, Felix? I notice that both exo and STM stopped updating at the same time, plus the STM real time info is working on Transit.

5 hours ago, Gerbil said:

The website hasn't updated for me since yesterday at 13:31.

Is this a problem on your end, Felix? I notice that both exo and STM stopped updating at the same time, plus the STM real time info is working on Transit.

I have been aware of this problem. My server is not able to reach STM servers, but I don't know (yet) why. I am trying to put a new server online but it will take some time.

Sorry about this!

The new server is now up and running. 

Thank you for your patience!

• Thanks 2

Announcing Montreal Transit Tracker version 2.0

screely-1568164970953.thumb.png.ade12dcc47df5c3687516485a808b254.png

The beta version will be out by the end of the week!

• Like 3

Beta version of Montreal Transit Tracker version 2 is now out!

https://transittracker.ca

Please note that this is a beta version, expect some bugs. Please report any bug to me here or by private message.

Know issues :

• For now, the app will not load on old browsers such as Internet Explorer. Edge is also affected.
  • Map : performance issue with a lot of buses

Hope you like it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's wonderful! So far it looks it's working fine, although I have a couple of minor things:

- I didn't see it in the settings, but can I have more categories of data available? For example, the current stop sequence column is pretty useful.

- I see it's sorting route numbers in string again. Could it be sorted in numbers?

When beta is over, will the link still be the same or will it switch to the new website? Or will there be a redirect?

12 minutes ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

It's wonderful! So far it looks it's working fine, although I have a couple of minor things:

- I didn't see it in the settings, but can I have more categories of data available? For example, the current stop sequence column is pretty useful.

- I see it's sorting route numbers in string again. Could it be sorted in numbers?

When beta is over, will the link still be the same or will it switch to the new website? Or will there be a redirect?

Thanks for your comment! Data is provided by agencies and they are not consitent. STM has current status and current stop sequence while exo have speed and bearing. Meanwhile, STL dosen't even have trip id! I have completely forgotten the sorting, I'll modify it for the next build.

transittracker.ca will be the new home for the application. I plan to redirect the old GitHub address to transittracker.ca after the end of the beta.

• Thanks 1

The following agencies have been added : exo La Presqu'île, exo Sud-ouest, exo Terrebonne-Mascouche and exo Sorel-Varennes*.

Head over to the settings page to see the new options.

*There is only 5 buses connected, for now.

exo Haut-Saint-Laurent has no bus for now and exo Chambly-Richelieu-Carignan is not setup yet (does anyone have seen a Chrono unit in one of CRC buses?).

I have upgraded the server to fix some issues regarding reliability. The next beta should come out by next week.