Jump to content
FelixINX

Montréal Transit Tracker

Recommended Posts

It looks good! The only thing is that I can't see any of the info on my phone because the columns are too narrow to display anything.

Screenshot_20181231-111433_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181231-111808_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Hmm I like some aspects of the update but also I wonder:

- Could we get back the ability to display 100 lines at once? I find it practical and use it all the time

- The trip column should be wider so that all items can be fully displayed

- Nitpick: the CPTDB link on the "help" tab is the deleted topic ^_^

Otherwise I really enjoyed using this app, I use it everyday! Thanks for sharing that and happy new year!

 

51 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

It looks good! The only thing is that I can't see any of the info on my phone because the columns are too narrow to display anything.

Screenshot_20181231-111433_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181231-111808_Chrome.jpg

- I had completely forgotten that there was 100 rows 😉 Now back

- I have fixed the issue on smaller devices were the screen is too small to display all the content. Next time I'll hire both of you to do testing 😅

- Thanks for the tip on the link!

Please note that you will need to reload the page twice to see the changes. You may also need to restart your browser after reloading. This is due to the new caching process.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, trainsubwaybus said:

looks weird

Screenshot_2018-12-31-12-49-21.png

A driver doing a picnic at Marie-Victorin Park after his run?

I think the GPS for this bus is just... broken. The bus is now on another trip, northbound. But the bus dosen't move in Chrono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 1:00 PM, trainsubwaybus said:

looks weird

Screenshot_2018-12-31-12-49-21.png

Probably securing a choice spot for next summer fireworks season 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, my development computer broke down and I have to wait for replacement parts to be up and running again. I'm not even sure what is the problem so it could take time!

In the meantime, I would like to plan the future releases. What would you like to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, FelixINX said:

Unfortunately, my development computer broke down and I have to wait for replacement parts to be up and running again. I'm not even sure what is the problem so it could take time!

In the meantime, I would like to plan the future releases. What would you like to see?

If possible, may I request some of the Exo properties? Or do they use a different data feed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chris W said:

If possible, may I request some of the Exo properties? Or do they use a different data feed?

If you talk about more data (like train speed), I will add those. However if you talk about buses sectors, some have the "SAEIV" system which offers realtime (like exo Laurentides). Currently, only Chrono has access to the real time feed, so we will have to wait.

RTL have the same situation, were infrastructure is there but data is not public (yet).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, FelixINX said:

If you talk about more data (like train speed), I will add those. However if you talk about buses sectors, some have the "SAEIV" system which offers realtime (like exo Laurentides). Currently, only Chrono has access to the real time feed, so we will have to wait.

RTL have the same situation, were infrastructure is there but data is not public (yet).

Seeing the train speed would be a great addition! Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My computer is back up and the development of the next major version, version 2, continues!

Here is an overview of the new interface. Would you recognize the new features?

MTLTT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ReusableNoseTissue said:

I've noticed over the past few days that the clock from the transit viewer hasn't been forwarded, despite giving accurate infornation. Appart from that, the app is a 10/10 for me. 😊

Thank you for noticing it! I just pushed a new update. You may need to restart your browser to see the changes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having some issues with the site today. Whenever the background image is of the bus on the 467 or the train, the List button is not clickable. Only Info and Map option are clickable but once the picture returns of the 27-52x the buttons work as normally should.

Using a Galaxy S6 phone with the default Android browser (not Chrome) if that helps, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Demers said:

I am having some issues with the site today. Whenever the background image is of the bus on the 467 or the train, the List button is not clickable. Only Info and Map option are clickable but once the picture returns of the 27-52x the buttons work as normally should.

Using a Galaxy S6 phone with the default Android browser (not Chrome) if that helps, thanks.

That's weird! Thanks for the report I'll get back to you tomorrow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, Matt Demers said:

I am having some issues with the site today. Whenever the background image is of the bus on the 467 or the train, the List button is not clickable. Only Info and Map option are clickable but once the picture returns of the 27-52x the buttons work as normally should.

Using a Galaxy S6 phone with the default Android browser (not Chrome) if that helps, thanks.

Sorry about the delay. There is now a fix online. Can you try it? You'll need to reload the page twice to see the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to make the auto-refresh optional? I usually like to load up the page on my phone at some point during rush hour so I can look later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, FelixINX said:

Sorry about the delay. There is now a fix online. Can you try it? You'll need to reload the page twice to see the changes.

I tried it and it works as normal now with those 2 images. Thanks for the fix. But now I'm having another issue.

All the buses on the map and the list are showing from November 14 2018 no matter how many times I refresh on my phone. It has been like that since yesterday morning. Does this have to do with STM pulling off the hybrids due to that steering recall maybe?

Edit: On my desktop computer it works fine but it will not display more than 19 buses at a time even after refreshes. Using Firefox.

Edited by Matt Demers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 6:23 PM, Gerbil said:

Would it be possible to make the auto-refresh optional? I usually like to load up the page on my phone at some point during rush hour so I can look later.

By default, it will be disabled, so it's optional!

 

10 hours ago, Matt Demers said:

I tried it and it works as normal now with those 2 images. Thanks for the fix. But now I'm having another issue.

All the buses on the map and the list are showing from November 14 2018 no matter how many times I refresh on my phone. It has been like that since yesterday morning. Does this have to do with STM pulling off the hybrids due to that steering recall maybe?

Edit: On my desktop computer it works fine but it will not display more than 19 buses at a time even after refreshes. Using Firefox.

This is not a normal behaviour and it seems to be related to the cache system. Tomorrow, I'll push another update who will disable and remove all cached assets.

I have been notified by another user for the table problem with Firefox. Unfortunately, I can't find any solution now. I'll try again tomorrow.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v1.2.5 is online

For technical reasons, service workers have been removed. The service workers are responsible for using the browser cache, so expect a longer loading time for the pages. The data should now be the one up to date.

I can not find fix on my side for Firefox browsers. However, on your side, you can resize the window each time you open the list. The easiest way is to use the combination CTRL+SHIFT+I two times!

If you still have problems, you should manually clear your browser cache. If you do not know how, contact me in private message.

Thank you for your patience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now back from vacation and I can speed up the development of version 2. Thank you all for your answers in my recent survey, very appreciated!

I found a way to access data from several sectors, as well as RTL, but these are not public. For RTL, exo Laurentides and exo Vallée-du-Richelieu, the data should be complete. However, for exo Le Richelain, exo L'Assomption, exo Sainte-Julie and exo Sud-Ouest, I have some buses, but I do not know at which level the installation of the SAEIV system is completed. Finally, I have to confirm with exo if I can use the data!

More messages on the progress of the project will follow in the upcoming weeks.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made good progress in development and I have now received permission from exo to use the data for the different sectors as well as for the RTL!

You can notice that on the new version there is no more popup. Instead, there is a bottom bar with basic information, and if you open it, you will find the rest. Note that heading and speed is not available for STM buses.

 

127.0.0.1_8000_.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...