Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang

Reactions to transit hobby in school

I have only told good friends of mine about my bus hobby, who I know would not spread rumors or hate me for it.  I have not told anyone else primarily because of bullying.

• Sad 1

I used to tell people when I was from like 6-12 and then I stopped cause I was getting bullied a lot in school and if word gets around school then I’m still picked on

• Sad 1

A few friends caught me taking pictures of buses and then they spread the word so now people in my grade bug me about wanting to be a bus driver (taking pics of buses doesn't mean you want to be a bus driver) and now they have resorted to continuously trying to follow my Instagram account about buses. Now every time like we go on a field trip and we see a bus they will sarcastically ask me what kind of bus it is and when it was made. It's really annoying but now I have resorted to telling them "I don't bug you for what you like and your hobbies so shut the f*** up"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, Thomasw said:

A few friends caught me taking pictures of buses and then they spread the word so now people in my grade bug me about wanting to be a bus driver (taking pics of buses doesn't mean you want to be a bus driver) and now they have resorted to continuously trying to follow my Instagram account about buses. Now every time like we go on a field trip and we see a bus they will sarcastically ask me what kind of bus it is and when it was made. It's really annoying but now I have resorted to telling them "I don't bug you for what you like and your hobbies so shut the f*** up"

Sorry, the correct response is 1970 New Flyer RTS 10

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like to ‘introduce’ my interest at school by saying something around the lines of ‘Did you know I can recite all 68 Montreal metro stations in order by line?’ (Yes, I really can) and that just blows people away. I also like to give people random tidbits of transit knowledge that they can use (like how bus numbering works)!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

I like to ‘introduce’ my interest at school by saying something around the lines of ‘Did you know I can recite all 68 Montreal metro stations in order by line?’ (Yes, I really can) and that just blows people away. I also like to give people random tidbits of transit knowledge that they can use (like how bus numbering works)!

Hey, so can I😊

😛

Everyone had a thing for the Fishbowls. I was in elementary/high school during their prime years.