Rider Express

canuck600

Ford Transit and Setra only. Looks like their gonna maintain same timing that Greyhound does for all their departures east and west on the TCH Schedules between Vancouver and Winnipeg.. Lets hope they can interline in Calgary with Cold Shot and in Kamloops with ebus and Wilsons. Who knows if they will used PSC in Van or not...I know Wilsons is.

They said they will do Hwy 16 too later on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like most schedules will be pretty close to Greyhound's except shaving some time off the schedule. 12 hr 8am-8pm and 8 pm-8am from both Vancouver and Calgary.

Calgary departure will be from Husky Truck stop on 32 Ave and Barlow Trail. Vancouver will be at Pacific Central Station.

20 hours ago, canuck600 said:

Based on posts on their Facebook page they've had to revise the start of service date twice. https://www.facebook.com/Rider-Express-Transportation-1854608874790519/ Not a very good start.

Im wondering if Greyhound had something to do with it??  If u ask me I think they should start with 1 daily Vancouver to Calgary lv  at 8 am  and see how that goes for now, then later on start a 8 pm from Vancouver. Makes more sense start with little service and build on it. And Id say do TCH Calgary to Winnipeg mayne 6 days a week instead of 7...Start small and grow is the way to build a new co. If demand is their then good. And come Christmas time their gonna have to figure something out their too.

6 hours ago, roeco said:

Im wondering if Greyhound had something to do with it??  If u ask me I think they should start with 1 daily Vancouver to Calgary lv  at 8 am  and see how that goes for now, then later on start a 8 pm from Vancouver. Makes more sense start with little service and build on it. And Id say do TCH Calgary to Winnipeg mayne 6 days a week instead of 7...Start small and grow is the way to build a new co. If demand is their then good. And come Christmas time their gonna have to figure something out their too.

So somehow Greyhound has something to do with it.....? Right... I heard the guy had a check engine light come on and turned back to Calgary and didn't make it in today. Ebus started Kelowna and Kamloops runs this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Rider Express seems to be having trouble launching their interprovincial scheduled service. Vancouver--Calgary is running just once a week. Calgary--Regina--Winnipeg is suspended indefinitely (it never started), and Edmonton--Saskatoon--Regina--Winnipeg announced to start 12 November 2018 is now postponed until 19 November.

Rider Express is looking more than a little unprepared.

19 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Rider Express seems to be having trouble launching their interprovincial scheduled service. Vancouver--Calgary is running just once a week. Calgary--Regina--Winnipeg is suspended indefinitely (it never started), and Edmonton--Saskatoon--Regina--Winnipeg announced to start 12 November 2018 is now postponed until 19 November.

Rider Express is looking more than a little unprepared.

I chatted with the owner who is here in Vancouver with his Setra. After speaking with him, you're not wrong either. 

6 hours ago, translink fan said:

I chatted with the owner who is here in Vancouver with his Setra. After speaking with him, you're not wrong either. 

Its interesting that they applied for 1 daily trip as a min frequency through BC Ptb and were granted that and are now running one trip a week Fri Cal to Van and Sun Van to Cal.. so Yeah that's gonna be interesting to see how that plays out. Then their  gonna run Edmonton-Saskatoon to Regina-Winnipeg 3 days a week is probably the bets to start with.Their plans are to leave Edmonton at Midnight from Via Rail.

1 hour ago, roeco said:

Its interesting that they applied for 1 daily trip as a min frequency through BC Ptb and were granted that and are now running one trip a week Fri Cal to Van and Sun Van to Cal.. so Yeah that's gonna be interesting to see how that plays out. Then their  gonna run Edmonton-Saskatoon to Regina-Winnipeg 3 days a week is probably the bets to start with.Their plans are to leave Edmonton at Midnight from Via Rail.

Let's see if they're around long enough if the owner Mr Uray gets his act together. I won't divulge what him and I talked about but I wished him luck and hope he can turn things around.

• 3 weeks later...

I gather Rider Express has yet to bring scheduled service to Winnipeg, in spite of multiple launch dates being published, and two different routes being announced (Calgary-Regina-Winnipeg and/or Edmonton-Saskatoon-Regina-Winnipeg).

I'm not sure how many times you can announce service and fail to deliver before you become the punchline in a joke.

• 1 month later...

Rider Express still is operating 1 trip week  Calgary to Vancouver on Friday Lv am and Vancouver to Calgary on Sat Lv Am but at least now its a more decent schedule with breaks and I believe they switch drivers in Kamloops now.  They are also using 2 sprinters (drivers switch In Lloyd) to operate Edmonton to Saskatoon connecting to Regina Sun to Fri. And Now they've just announced on their website that they are Starting to  Operate Vancouver to Kamloops and Vancouver to Kelowna  on Jan 28,Their current license I believe only lets them operate Vancouver-Kamloops-BC/Ab border.via Hwy 1 and 5. Don't think it lets them operate to Kelowna.

23 minutes ago, roeco said:

Rider Express still is operating 1 trip week  Calgary to Vancouver on Friday Lv am and Vancouver to Calgary on Sat Lv Am but at least now its a more decent schedule with breaks and I believe they switch drivers in Kamloops now.  They are also using 2 sprinters (drivers switch In Lloyd) to operate Edmonton to Saskatoon connecting to Regina Sun to Fri. And Now they've just announced on their website that they are Starting to  Operate Vancouver to Kamloops and Vancouver to Kelowna  on Jan 28,Their current license I believe only lets them operate Vancouver-Kamloops-BC/Ab border.via Hwy 1 and 5. Don't think it lets them operate to Kelowna.

I've only seen them depart Vancouver 8am on Saturday once so far. And that was a couple weeks back. Every morning coming into work on Saturdays, still haven't seen them lately. One of their Setras is at Pacific Jet Link's garage. Do they not run another bus on the Van- Calgary? Have only seen the same bus but that bus is sitting in Vancouver still.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Uwe said:

Not much of a schedule for Kelowna or Kamloops.  Looks like they are trying to siphon trffic from Ebus with departures 15 minutes before or after.  They'll have to compete on price to keep it going.

Uwe

I hope they have deep pockets...If they cant run Vancouver to Calgary at least 3 x week how are they gonna do Kamloops or Kelowna at All!