That's so weird that they didn't put that seat over the vent right before the steps. It's not like people can stand in that area anyways but they neglected to put a seat there. Don't think I've ever seen any Xcelsior like this.

Is it me or I don't see any USB charging locations.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3700 is here https://twitter.com/TTCStuart/status/1117878364063162368 https://twitter.com/TTCStuart/status/1117878364063162368  

The green New flyer bus is still at arrow road garage its parked inside right now. I have been informed that the ttc will use this bus to test out the charging machines and infrastructure built for th

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Orion V said:

That's so weird that they didn't put that seat over the vent right before the steps. It's not like people can stand in that area anyways but they neglected to put a seat there. Don't think I've ever seen any Xcelsior like this.

Looks like there is a single seat over the vent. 

Screenshot_20190419-004544__01.jpg

14 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Different style frameless windows than I am used to. Usually, it ends at the slanted back window.

IMG_20190208_160204724.thumb.jpg.c1fbddd2e481c832035d67a0045ea041.jpg

It’s actually the same as the picture you have. The only difference is the black is continued through to the back through paint to conform with the rest of the livery. If you look closely, you’ll see that the rearmost part is slightly matted compared to the rest of the bus. 

• Thanks 3
11 minutes ago, lip said:

Honestly, what in the hell are these companies thinking?

Literally nothing. TTC should've done more research. People that make more than I do need to get their heads out of their asses.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, 7575 said:

Literally nothing. TTC should've done more research. People that make more than I do need to get their heads out of their asses.

Well at the end of the day, you don’t make these decisions. Did you ever think that this could be a test? Did you ever think that maybe this was what they wanted? No you didn’t. As long as it functions properly, then what is the big deal?

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, J. Boic said:

Well at the end of the day, you don’t make these decisions. Did you ever think that this could be a test? Did you ever think that maybe this was what they wanted? No you didn’t. As long as it functions properly, then what is the big deal?

Yes you are right. And this is just the pilot bus as well so modifications could be made to the rest of the fleet. But it could be a test for future orders.

13 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Drive a bus and you'll understand what were talking about. 

He does..

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Lex Reid said:

The new door "switch" is 1 feature im not a big fan of..

20190417_142603.jpg

The doors are almost certainly electrically powered so I don't see why they need to design the controls such that you need to twist your hand extensively to operate the knob. Even the Nova HEVs have the same handle-type controller as the older batch with their air-powered doors, so there's no reason a totally new style of controller is needed.

And as for moving the kneeling / ramp switches from the right hand side over to the left so that they can operated by the same hand as the door controller ... mmm ...

On 4/19/2019 at 12:33 AM, Orion V said:

I wonder if that's because the TTC doesn't want to risk draining the batteries for something besides the bus's propulsion/Air conditioning/heating in winter.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ultimate said:

I dont think thats a good idea to post that info, cause you know some foamers are wild and will somehow get to the bus

Exactly. We know who they are. Cannot name them for some reason. They should just wait until they enter service.