Jump to content

TTC Electric Buses


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, BusDude said:

How are the electric buses doing with all this snow?

 

I heard that they use diesel heaters during the winter. All I know is that our XE40's (I'm from Chicago by the way) have those. I don't know about our Proterra BE40's.

By the way, the TTC is doing a better job than the CTA at environmental sustainability as they're getting more hybrid and electric buses in their fleet. The CTA just keeps ordering a hell lot of diesel NovaBus LFS's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Transsee, 3750 , 3754, and 3758 made it out today. 3754 has been running the last couple days as well.

It appears that 3752 got stuck in the snow on Monday but was eventually freed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 8:14 AM, TTC Guy said:

The E-bus convoy has started up again using 3701, 3732 and 3755. I caught them mirroring the 79 on Monday morning 

D058E0D1-D457-404F-AF41-A21CC9BA7035.jpeg

Saw the convoy on Steeles west of Weston around 12:30 pm. The three buses were signed up as Training buses

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has the TTC produced any updated report on the reliability of the electric bus test fleet?

I hope they will have enough sense not to buy into any large purchase because of political pressure - if these vehicles can't hack it.

I'm also curious if they will end up also testing the Nova LFSe at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 EGLINTON WEST: 3733, 3737, 3738, 3748

52 LAWRENCE WEST: 3723

84 SHEPPARD WEST: 3704

161 ROGERS RD: 3726

165 WESTON RD NORTH: 3708

945 KIPLING EXPRESS: 3744, 3745, 3746

952 LAWRENCE WEST EXPRESS: 3700, 3710, 3719

984 SHEPPARD WEST EXPRESS: 3707, 3720

996 WILSON EXPRESS: 3714

Current electric vehicles tracked right now..

There were bunch of them on 941 on the other day, and none today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, raptorjays said:

32 EGLINTON WEST: 3733, 3737, 3738, 3748

52 LAWRENCE WEST: 3723

84 SHEPPARD WEST: 3704

161 ROGERS RD: 3726

165 WESTON RD NORTH: 3708

945 KIPLING EXPRESS: 3744, 3745, 3746

952 LAWRENCE WEST EXPRESS: 3700, 3710, 3719

984 SHEPPARD WEST EXPRESS: 3707, 3720

996 WILSON EXPRESS: 3714

Current electric vehicles tracked right now..

There were bunch of them on 941 on the other day, and none today

 

3745? It's not showing up on Transsee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EV out this afternoon (according to Transit TO tracker)

32 EGLINTON WEST: 3726, 3729, 3736, 3737, 3738

52 LAWRENCE WEST: 3710, 3714, 3716

84 SHEPPARD WEST: 3711, 3715

91 WOODBINE: 3757

161 ROGERS RD: 3746

165 WESTON RD NORTH: 3708

945 KIPLING EXPRESS: 3733, 3742, 3743, 3748

952 LAWRENCE WEST EXPRESS: 3704, 3706, 3723

984 SHEPPARD WEST EXPRESS: 3703, 3717

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, raptorjays said:

EV out this afternoon (according to Transit TO tracker)

32 EGLINTON WEST: 3726, 3729, 3736, 3737, 3738

52 LAWRENCE WEST: 3710, 3714, 3716

84 SHEPPARD WEST: 3711, 3715

91 WOODBINE: 3757

161 ROGERS RD: 3746

165 WESTON RD NORTH: 3708

945 KIPLING EXPRESS: 3733, 3742, 3743, 3748

952 LAWRENCE WEST EXPRESS: 3704, 3706, 3723

984 SHEPPARD WEST EXPRESS: 3703, 3717

We use Transsee or other trackers to track what is on the road. They have been on the road for a few years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, raptorjays said:

EV out this afternoon (according to Transit TO tracker)

32 EGLINTON WEST: 3726, 3729, 3736, 3737, 3738

52 LAWRENCE WEST: 3710, 3714, 3716

84 SHEPPARD WEST: 3711, 3715

91 WOODBINE: 3757

161 ROGERS RD: 3746

165 WESTON RD NORTH: 3708

945 KIPLING EXPRESS: 3733, 3742, 3743, 3748

952 LAWRENCE WEST EXPRESS: 3704, 3706, 3723

984 SHEPPARD WEST EXPRESS: 3703, 3717

Not necessary to post this info here, anyone who is interested can go and check themselves, none of these are of any particular interest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of curiousity, does TTC regulate the number of electric buses being used on board periods (like would the next board period increase/decrease the number of electric buses on the road or is it just based on availability/ runs that they could be safely used on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cherry_1560 said:

3752 was in service on 91 yesterday 7D9FD88D-088D-42FE-A94A-5D98E1CC4B92.thumb.jpeg.89b7888b111b6a9961cda90a7d366df4.jpeg

I see. I got to ride it today on 54. Now I have to ride three more electric buses: 3739, 3745, and 3756.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2022 at 2:03 PM, H4 5600 said:

3734 is tracking at the TOK coachlines yard.

Screenshot_20220305-135843.png

For the last few weeks, Transsee has put 3739 and 3745 near the intersection of highways 401,403 and 410.

Also, it appears 3756 may be on 91 like how 3752 was last week.

 

3745.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

For the last few weeks, Transsee has put 3739 and 3745 near the intersection of highways 401,403 and 410.

Also, it appears 3756 may be on 91 like how 3752 was last week.

 

3745.jpg

According to TransSee, 3756 disappeared near Woodbine Station yesterday afternoon 86F4A6B0-BB08-42AA-A7CA-CEA32E7C598D.thumb.png.b25154aaed96cea9646e073e193dcec8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...