Jump to content

TTC Electric Buses


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Looks like the XE40s are now doing all day runs during the week instead of being confined to only rush hour runs and weekend runs.

Perhaps there is less suitable runs before the route reallocation and warmer weather giving better mileage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2044 said:

Been waiting for this... Looks like these electric buses have a long way to go to match the Nova HEV's reliability & performance.

I think they need major improvement before buying the 300 eBuses in 2023, hopefully the Nova eBus will be much better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MK78 said:

Been waiting for this... Looks like these electric buses have a long way to go to match the Nova HEV's reliability & performance.

I think they need major improvement before buying the 300 eBuses in 2023, hopefully the Nova eBus will be much better.

Any eBus would be worst than HEVs in this generation. They won't know exactly how much energy consumption variation between seasons till they actually test a Nova eBus. They might able to predict based on the HEV performance since they seem to be quite similar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes me wonder why they are so desperate to get that many in 2023 where the technology still needs a long way to go.

Maybe in 2025, and in the mean time just get the HEV's and wait, and continue to test new versions  in smaller batches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It took over a decade to go from the TTC’s first hybrid buses (which they had enough problems that they stopped buying) to the fleet of their LFS HEVs today. Development of the HybriDrive system goes all the way back to the late 90s.

I guess it’s hard to predict how viable a fleet of 300 battery-electric buses will be in a couple of years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I found that might be of interest to some from the TTC Board meeting today regarding the eBuses. It seems like they plan to spread out the 300 eBus order among all 8 garages. The Staff Presentation for TTC-OPG-Toronto Hydro Framework for Agreement report shows the garage electrification schedule (slide 3). By 2025 when the last buses of the order arrive, every garage should have enough charging stations for about 40 or so eBuses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

One thing I found that might be of interest to some from the TTC Board meeting today regarding the eBuses. It seems like they plan to spread out the 300 eBus order among all 8 garages. The Staff Presentation for TTC-OPG-Toronto Hydro Framework for Agreement report shows the garage electrification schedule (slide 3). By 2025 when the last buses of the order arrive, every garage should have enough charging stations for about 40 or so eBuses. 

It makes sense since every garage would have those perfect runs that works well run ebuses wouldn’t haven’t to rewrite the schedule. It’ll also take significant upgrade to convert one garage to ebus only at they draw too much power. So this small batch at every garage approach would be easier to implement than full scale at one garage. At least they can defer the tractor power station to further years which TTC loves doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Xcelsiors may (not will) be pulled from service at some point since I noticed a recall regarding the firmware used by the Siemens ELFA2 inverters went out recently by New Flyer. I haven't seen anything listed by Transport Canada yet though, but I'd assume such a defect would affect the TTC units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AnalogPentium said:

The Xcelsiors may (not will) be pulled from service at some point since I noticed a recall regarding the firmware used by the Siemens ELFA2 inverters went out recently by New Flyer. I haven't seen anything listed by Transport Canada yet though, but I'd assume such a defect would affect the TTC units.

I don’t think it’ll affect the TTC units since they were built in Winnipeg Canada and this recall is for the US versions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3738 and 3742 are on the route 927. Is this the first time the Proterras are on this route since Mount Dennis took it over?

Nope not the first time. On Monday morning 3735 was on the 927 15 run, and 2 proterras ran on the 927 on Tuesday morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

3753 is in a lot visible from the Scarborough RT line (line 3 for the picky lot), between Lawrence East and Ellesmere Stns. There’s no need to go off if this has been mentioned earlier 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

3753 is in a lot visible from the Scarborough RT line (line 3 for the picky lot), between Lawrence East and Ellesmere Stns. There’s no need to go off if this has been mentioned earlier 

They park BYD's there from time to time, when they were first delivered, I believe a few were kept in that area. Not sure why

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...