On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, bus_7246 said:

The trio of power (3700, 3729 & 3758) were just in the Mt Dennis area. They just turned south onto Black Creek Drive coming out of Todd Baylis and Trethewey 

They were mimicking the 71 Runnymede, I saw them at Runnymede Station

• Like 1

I find it interesting because electric buses are fairly simple, there is an electric motor, connected to a battery. The software determines how much power to put out or regenerate, much like a GO Cart.  It's much simpler than a conventional diesel bus.  If range is an issue, it could be with the software that allows too much power to be sent out to the wheels or not enough Re-gen.  Or it's simply an issue with the batteries not holding the charge that they where designed to. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I find it interesting because electric buses are fairly simple, there is an electric motor, connected to a battery. The software determines how much power to put out or regenerate, much like a GO Cart.  It's much simpler than a conventional diesel bus.  If range is an issue, it could be with the software that allows too much power to be sent out to the wheels or not enough Re-gen.  Or it's simply an issue with the batteries not holding the charge that they where designed to.

Did you really just compare a bus to a go cart? If it was only that simple. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, drum118 said:

This doesn't bold well for BYD buses been tested by TTC.

I known IndyGo was having issues with BYD buses for the Red Line, but not this much.

It will be interesting what TTC's own range reports will be. At least they got these buses going before winter, so hopefully they will have enough data after the winter with respect to cold weather performance. They missed the chance to test them in the scorching hot June/July.

Has the TTC released any numbers on the New Flyers or Proterras, in terms of range they're getting vs what they are rated for?

On 9/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, Shaun said:

So you have an electric motor connected to a battery and some software.  Can you explain how the software does all that wonderful stuff without any hardware between the battery and the motor?  And which route do I catch the TTC's electric soap box derby cart on?  That sounds like fun.

• Haha 4

It looks as if 3721 is the current odd ball of the XE40 batch as it is to only one to have entered service with the rear brake clusters installed with the brake light of over the signal light, and then the reverse light

58 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3741 has entered service on the route 32 Eglinton West.  3745 has entered service on the route 71 Runnymede.

Looks like 3745 is on the 77 Swansea right now from the tracking location

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3741 has entered service on the route 32 Eglinton West.  3745 has entered service on the route 71 Runnymede.

I don't know if the line poles are still there on Eglinton west of Avenue Rd. from the aborted trolleybus buildout.  If the line poles are still there on that section of Eglinton, it would be pretty wild to get pictures of an electric bus running there with them in the background where they intended to have electric buses, decades after the trolley bus expansion past Avenue Road fell through.  If they're gone now, it's wishful thinking for an interesting photo, but hey, this is the first time that I know of that an electric bus has carried passengers on Eglinton between Eglinton Station and Avenue Road in almost 29 years.

The only poles left that I’ve seen lately are on Weston road southbound, immediately north of the 401 bridge.

1 hour ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3743 has entered service on the route 6 Bay.

It did not enter service yet. It might be out testing or training. It's currently on Rogers Rd near Weston Rd.

Edit 7:56am - It's back at the division now

• Thanks 1

#3756 has entered service (yesterday morning) on route 116 Morningside

Edited by Shemar
Disregard
  • Like 1