Just now, 7575 said:

They should've bought the LFSe instead of the BYD crap. 

Those are set up for quick, frequent recharging only at the present time. Completely different infrastructure requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
8 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Those are set up for quick, frequent recharging only at the present time. Completely different infrastructure requirements.

Plus, ETS has never bought anything from Nova yet. They demoed an LFS suburban years back, but I guess they didn't like it.

2 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

i just spoke to the supervisor at arrow road garage apparently there is a few New Flyer electric buses already delivered at the garage . I was told they are inside the garage right now.

That falls into the timeline I was told by an engineering technologist.

• Like 1

First bus with a rear window in 21 years (Orion VI). I know it's random but whatever.

I certainly hope the BYD buses don't come with "Please stay behind the white line" in Chinese. Does that happen?

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, 7575 said:

First bus with a rear window in 21 years (Orion VI). I know it's random but whatever.

I certainly hope the BYD buses don't come with "Please stay behind the white line" in Chinese. Does that happen?

People won't care what language it's in. We'll still have to tell them to get back. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Someguy3071 said:

People won't care what language it's in. We'll still have to tell them to get back. 

I used to tell on average 15 people per day to move back. I swear I lost my voice a few times.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, 7575 said:

It was my understanding that the hvac components were displaced to the rear to make way for more batteries up top. I believe only the one on the far right is TTC.

Depending on the route, mandarin or Cantonese messages may be quite useful.

1 minute ago, Bus_Medic said:

It was my understanding that the hvac components were displaced to the rear to make way for more batteries up top. I believe only the one on the far right is TTC.

That's right. The other one appears to be for WMATA.

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

Flyer buses and a rear window, I can't wait for this thing to hit the roads in TTC colours. 

TTC did admit that these buses wont come entirely in TTC spec, so this the rear window may just be for the 20 buses. But hopefully TTC can make it the new standard when ever on future buses.

Someone mentioned there was a reason why some transit agencies don't order buses with a rear window, anyone know the reason?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, D40-90 said:

Flyer buses and a rear window, I can't wait for this thing to hit the roads in TTC colours. 

TTC did admit that these buses wont come entirely in TTC spec, so this the rear window may just be for the 20 buses. But hopefully TTC can make it the new standard when ever on future buses.

Someone mentioned there was a reason why some transit agencies don't order buses with a rear window, anyone know the reason?

More surface area to clean, too. People put their stuff/drinks/trash up there and it gets dirty

2 hours ago, D40-90 said:

Because the XE40s are ONLY available with rear climate control, which was mentioned not 3 hours, and 3 posts above?

I give up. Gonna be taking my marbles and going home for awhile.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, D40-90 said:

I hope we don't get any buses with rear windows.