2 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3750 and 3754 are now trackable.

Nice, hopefully they go into service sooner than later. looking forward to taking a ride on an eBus. I'm not a hardcore enough foamer to go out in the west end and try the ones out of Arrow or MtD.

3 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Nice, hopefully they go into service sooner than later. looking forward to taking a ride on an eBus. I'm not a hardcore enough foamer to go out in the west end and try the ones out of Arrow or MtD.

Based on the amount of time the Flyers and Proterras took, I say you'll have to wait till March. May if you're planning to ride them in the afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Based on the amount of time the Flyers and Proterras took, I say you'll have to wait till March. May if you're planning to ride them in the afternoon.

Yeah, who knows... they'll probably stick on a single route as they did with the others for initial revenue service, so it'll probably be easy enough to track one down.

11 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

none of the byd buses have been plated.  The operator training hasn't commenced yet.

I guess it will be a while still.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:12 PM, AnalogPentium said:

Trust me, they're not digital. Just illuminated.

That doesn't change the fact that they aren't currently needed with the way that they are operating them in service.

Dan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

they may want to wait until mcnicol garage opens.  A lot of Eglinton drivers are moving to other divisions as a result of Mcnicol garage.  

It doesn't take long to train someone on a new bus. And to have buses sitting for months until McNicholl opens is just not smart. 

• Like 2

Anyone have an idea on how  the move of operators is handled to a new garage? are they just randomly selected to stay or relocate, or do they have input on whether they want to stay or move?

If they have input, then they will probably train the operators who want to stay at Eglinton, that'd just be my guess.

How long before McNicoll opens anyway?

11 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

It doesn't take long to train someone on a new bus. And to have buses sitting for months until McNicholl opens is just not smart. 

it took about a month and half to train all the operators to complete the Nova bus training.  

2 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Anyone have an idea on how  the move of operators is handled to a new garage? are they just randomly selected to stay or relocate, or do they have input on whether they want to stay or move?

If they have input, then they will probably train the operators who want to stay at Eglinton, that'd just be my guess.

It is based on seniority (similar to picking your work).  

btw 7 byd has been delivered.  so I say 3 were delivered today.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smallspy said:

That doesn't change the fact that they aren't currently needed with the way that they are operating them in service.

Dan

Correct.

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Closer to the end of the year. The construction of the complex is slated to be completed by June.

13 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

If the BYDs perform well, they might get more for 2022. 

Doubt it. One of the big players will probably win that contract.

36 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

I doubt they'll sole source it to NFI (which is the only major player for overnight charging). Likely a competitive bid based on performance not price.

Right now, I'm wondering what's happening with the XE40's. They have only 1-3 out in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. It's the same ones too. I think 3708 and 3709 haven't seen service this year. Maybe they should just stick with hybrids.

42 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Nobody knows any of this. Like I've been saying, for all we know the BYDs could come and perform exceptionally well, and take the cake. 

Considering how much the TTCs Nova Bus fleet is growing, I can see them ordering the LFSe+ in 2022 if that's what they decide to do.

It will be interesting to see if the K9Ms outperform the XE40s and the BE40s. If that's the case, then it will be BYD that has the last laugh considering how much some people have been criticizing the buses before they even get here and enter service.

20 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Considering how much the TTCs Nova Bus fleet is growing, I can see them ordering the LFSe+ in 2022 if that's what they decide to do.

It will be interesting to see if the K9Ms outperform the XE40s and the BE40s. If that's the case, then it will be BYD that has the last laugh considering how much some people have been criticizing the buses before they even get here and enter service.

Dont hold your breath. 

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Dont hold your breath. 

I'm not favouring one over the other, I'm just saying that some people will be literally "eating their own words" if the BYD buses turn out to be a success. And a bus is just a bus! As long as they do what they're supposed to which is to take people from point a to point b, and that bus service is reliable, then most commuters that take the TTC will be satisfied with that and will care less about what kind of bus they are taking on a regular basis.

Just saw a BYD heading south on 404 at the time of this writing. Couldn't get a picture because I was on the GO Bus heading north.