1 hour ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Not my pictures.

Whoever posted that photo must refrain from transpassing.  There is no way a person can snap that shot without walking into the yard.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Whoever posted that photo must refrain from transpassing.  There is no way a person can snap that shot without walking into the yard.

At the bottom of post the he said that he got permission.

3 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

At the bottom of post the he said that he got permission.

Can we prove it the photographer had permission? Heck, i can sat i am the ceo of ttc.   Unless he asked the boss, permission from employee is useless.

• Sad 1

I saw an ad on the TTC earlier that all of the electric buses will be delivered by the end of this month. Does anyone know if the TTC is actually on track for this because I actually doubt it. Unless I accidentally skipped over it, I saw nothing in the meeting report about this.

45 minutes ago, AnalogPentium said:

I saw an ad on the TTC earlier that all of the electric buses will be delivered by the end of this month. Does anyone know if the TTC is actually on track for this because I actually doubt it. Unless I accidentally skipped over it, I saw nothing in the meeting report about this.

Well out of the 60 electric buses the TTC is getting, only 25 of them are on TTC property (13 XE40s, 10 BE40s, and 2 K9Ms).

1 hour ago, AnalogPentium said:

Yeah, saw the same ad and also wondered the same thing... Not quite on track... Last year the stream of these new buses was coming in fairly regularly then it dried up... Wonder if they are asking the factory for some modifications or changes before the rest are delivered. I'm talking mostly about the New Flyers & Proterras, since the TTC actually has some revenue test miles on them.

18 hours ago, Shemar said:

Well out of the 60 electric buses the TTC is getting, only 25 of them are on TTC property (13 XE40s, 10 BE40s, and 2 K9Ms).

Doesn't sound good to me.

18 hours ago, MK78 said:

Yeah, saw the same ad and also wondered the same thing... Not quite on track... Last year the stream of these new buses was coming in fairly regularly then it dried up... Wonder if they are asking the factory for some modifications or changes before the rest are delivered. I'm talking mostly about the New Flyers & Proterras, since the TTC actually has some revenue test miles on them.

Interesting thought. Though, I doubt the are 25 buses waiting for modifications. Who knows.

I saw a XE 40, possibly 3704, in regular service on 59 Maple Leaf.

The run box read "TTC". Is this a usual thing for these buses, or was someone having a bit of fun?

22 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

The run box read "TTC". Is this a usual thing for these buses, or was someone having a bit of fun?

They havent been using the run boxes on the buses since the start of service for them

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

I'm assuming they don't use them since the run box on the new flyers feature the alphabet, numbers and has one extra slot. So if a driver were to change the run box it would take a long time and it's simply not worth it when they have other stuff to do when starting their run.

13 minutes ago, Transit_Hub said:

I'm assuming they don't use them since the run box on the new flyers feature the alphabet, numbers and has one extra slot. So if a driver were to change the run box it would take a long time and it's simply not worth it when they have other stuff to do when starting their run.

Makes you wonder why they weren't spec'd as electronic displays in the electrics, and in the Nova Hybrids, since they came with VISION preinstalled. Run number could have been automatically programmed and displayed.

Or do they not do that to not confuse passengers, who would look at the number a think that was the route number?

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

They are never used. usually it says TTC, YYZ, 777 or something else fun.

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Makes you wonder why they weren't spec'd as electronic displays in the electrics, and in the Nova Hybrids, since they came with VISION preinstalled. Run number could have been automatically programmed and displayed.

Or do they not do that to not confuse passengers, who would look at the number a think that was the route number?

Probably cost. That would be another sign to maintain with zero benefits to riders.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:39 PM, Transit_Hub said:

There is no time factor with changing the run number, as they are digital displays. And it takes very little time to set the run number correctly.

The reason why they haven't been using them - at least up to this point - is because the buses have only been used on garage-to-garage runs, and there hasn't been the need to inform the other drivers of what run they are on as they aren't changing the drivers on-street. When they start using the buses on longer runs, then they will need to have the run boxes set correctly.

Dan

• Like 1

3714 is on its way, if not here already.

Spotted at the Loves at Capac, MI, somewhere on I-69.

IMG_20200205_174553.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Buurin said:

3714 is on its way, if not here already.

Spotted at the Loves at Capac, MI, somewhere on I-69.

IMG_20200205_174553.jpg

Why do they even bother putting ad racks on them when they get taken off and have that wrap applied.

52 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Why do they even bother putting ad racks on them when they get taken off and have that wrap applied.

TTC didn't think to opt out of the ad racks?

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Because they might not always be wrapped.

19 hours ago, smallspy said:

There is no time factor with changing the run number, as they are digital displays. And it takes very little time to set the run number correctly.

The run boxes on the XE 40s don't at all look digital to me. They look like old-fashioned mylar (or whatever), illuminated by white LEDs. Zero pixellation. I would be more certain if I didn't generally see them out the window from work, or out the windshield of my car as I drive by.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, smallspy said:

There is no time factor with changing the run number, as they are digital displays.

Trust me, they're not digital. Just illuminated.