54 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Hopefully the TTC also looks into the LFSe+ as well.

I wonder if there is some language in the contract with BYD, that if they don't deliver any buses by a specific date, if they can cancel the deal.

Then maybe they can look at LFSe+. Are these in production though? I think they've just been announced in late 2019.

16 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I wonder if there is some language in the contract with BYD, that if they don't deliver any buses by a specific date, if they can cancel the deal.

Then maybe they can look at LFSe+. Are these in production though? I think they've just been announced in late 2019.

That would defeat the purpose of testing that technology. The point is to have them deliver.

5 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

That would defeat the purpose of testing that technology. The point is to have them deliver.

Sure, but if they can't deliver, or deliver a good number of units to test, who knows... The order was already cut from 20 to 10.

Just wondering if the TTC has imposed a timeline for getting some results.

2 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Sure, but if they can't deliver, or deliver a good number of units to test, who knows... The order was already cut from 20 to 10.

Just wondering if the TTC has imposed a timeline for getting some results.

They can't afford anything but diesel buses for the next few years so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They can't afford anything but diesel buses for the next few years so it doesn't really matter.

The more things change, the more they stays the same...

5 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Nope. Just the way the way he/she reacted to BYD's slow deliveries and how it's the workers fault.

The flip side to that is that the TTC is not in the business of mollycoddling wayward manufacturers. They have an order placed and are reasonable to expect that it is fulfilled according to the terms of the contract, whatever those may be.

To say nothing of your additional comment "All by yourself." to your original post. Is one person running the show at BYD? If they are not, I'm not sure why "TTC 9701" should have to do the same before criticizing their performance as a manufacturer.

7 hours ago, Shemar said:

Hopefully the TTC also looks into the LFSe+ as well.

Brampton was suppose to share the results of the LFSe. But their Electric program got kyboshed from what I know.

14 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Brampton was suppose to share the results of the LFSe. But their Electric program got kyboshed from what I know.

The fast-charge electric bus trial is still happening in Brampton. Thanks in part to a contribution from the federal government.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, splendidwizardplayer said:

I want to see you make a new bus for a different country in a other part of this planet from where your based in and make a new model and tech for said bus and have a deadline to follow and move to a new plant in said country. All by yourself.

Dude, they knew all this when they signed up for the tender. If Steve Munro’s take is correct, it was their lobbyists who persuaded the Commissioners to have this trial in the first place! They were not ready, their order was curtailed, they are still not ready. 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Shemar said:

It could be a lack of experience in building electric buses for Toronto's streets considering its their first Canadian eBus order.

First order, besides the two orders for St. Albert and one order for Grande Prairie. 🙄

Plus they more or less purpose built two for ETS for Winter testing a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3731 tracking on 79B Scarlett Rd run 9.

3732 is on the 79 too. (run 13)

This is the first time Proterra buses have been dispatched on other MtD routes besides the 6 Bay marking the next phase of testing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

3731 tracking on 79B Scarlett Rd run 9.

3732 is on the 79 too. (run 13)

Just pasted 3732 on the 79A going north at St. Clair

2BE818F7-65CA-4B7B-B5CA-02245F7ED8C2.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 43 Kennedy said:

3729 is out on the 6 today.

3731 is deadheading to the 6 now

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Can I ask why we’re spamming this thread with these sightings? It’s common knowledge that they’re in service now. None of this is constructive.

I agree, people who want to know can check TransSee. It's a way to get posts up

• Like 1