TTC Electric Buses

5 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

But do they really want to lock themselves into BYD only buses for all future orders? 

I’m not suggesting that, But at least base your options out of evidence, not ideology.

It may even light a fire under the competition’s collective asses to develop an optional DC charge system. After all, if these things are going to be purchased in the hundreds, and in a captive fleet from the cradle to the grave, does the SAE standard even matter?

Toronto’s oddball track gauge hasn’t handicapped us.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Whatever charging method they use it needs to be standardized to allow interoperability. 

Why?

What if one of the types of buses operates in such a better manner than the others that it negates interoperability?

Dan

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Whatever charging method they use it needs to be standardized to allow interoperability. 

Standardized to whom, exactly?

The surface fleet operates using several differing powertrain types and chassis configurations, and space time hasn’t imploded.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chris W said:

So was Monday's sightings of the Proterras during PM rush hour a one time thing? And have there been any issues in rolling them out on pieces that go beyond 10:00am?

Could be but who knows. Maybe they were testing to see how they operate in the afternoons. I would give it some time until we see the proterras operate during PM peak on a regular basis.

• Like 3

On 12/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, Shemar said:

Could be but who knows. Maybe they were testing to see how they operate in the afternoons. I would give it some time until we see the proterras operate during PM peak on a regular basis.

I was on one of them on monday afternoon..... I personally don't like these buses.  They seem smaller inside, I hate the side seating on them, and the constant bell like noises coming from the drivers area..... plus the driver said he hated the bus, there was no room for his legs and the area is so small the seat doesn't move.  I did like the back doors though

15 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

I will give the Proterras credit for being able to at least handle some service, those Build Your Dreams will break down leaving the garage...

At least give them the opportunity to do so on their own, before producing the crystal ball from your rectum.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8