Yikes, its a fugly thing for sure. Especially with those humps on the back and front of the roof. How tall is this thing even, seems way taller than the New Flyer or Proterra.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Yikes, its a fugly thing for sure. Especially with those humps on the back and front of the roof. How tall is this thing even, seems way taller than the New Flyer or Proterra.

Only one way to find out. Send it to Warden.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, AnalogPentium said:

Apologies if it's been reported already but someone spotted a TTC BYD in the wild

EDIT: This is the ugliest fucking application of the LFLRV scheme I've seen and I thought the OG was bad

EDIT 2 BECAUSE OF CONNER: Credit to whoever took the photo even though i don't know

image.thumb.png.d5aa18de795ee9d3d780a6a080495e9e.png

image.thumb.png.8ea386521ab1644f11f33af1c99e211f.png

Will fit in closed roof stations?

I wonder if that is an attempt to have a BRT style cover the batteries and A/C on the roof cause most K9s I see don't have that weird BRT style roof.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

Apologies if it's been reported already but someone spotted a TTC BYD in the wild

EDIT: This is the ugliest fucking application of the LFLRV scheme I've seen and I thought the OG was bad

EDIT 2 BECAUSE OF CONNER: Credit to whoever took the photo even though i don't know

Nice, though you shouldn’t be reposting other people’s photos without proper credit or permission to be fair. If you don’t know at least properly state that credit goes to whoever took it when you make the post, not as an edit afterwards after someone told you to do so. It’s actually Ontario_Transit’s video.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Orion V said:

I wonder if that is an attempt to have a BRT style cover the batteries and A/C on the roof cause most K9s I see don't have that weird BRT style roof.

Interestingly it also has the older front end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Orion V said:

It’s very strange from the photos at least. The Translink demo looked much better. The front and rear humps seem to be a bit exaggerated compared to that bus.

Also note the exposed frame windshield and destination board housing; I believe the demo that came a few months ago was all frameless.

Kinda wish they didn’t go for that roof line, I find sometimes the exposed roof looks fine, and it did in the case of the demo. And the window frames don’t go up to the roof! So sad 😭

I think the rear still looks better than the BE40 which has 80s style taillights with Invero slant and a D800 style rear window. lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orion V said:

I think the rear still looks better than the BE40 which has 80s style taillights with Invero slant and a D800 style rear window. lol

It’s not important, but neither the BE40 or the K9 are lookers

13 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

That's hideous!!! I'm glad that I'm not at Eglinton to drive this monstrosity. 

• Haha 3

omg byd... i think some one at byd or ttc need find new job,, because how and why one buy bus that looks like that? 

also i gess that why it took so long to make lol

1 hour ago, tommike said:

also i gess that why it took so long to make lol

Not really. The reason is because the buses were built at the new Canadian plant that BYD built and opened for production a few months ago.

I actually wonder if there's a clause in the contract that lets the TTC return the buses if they're not satisfactory. If not, they could always return it at Costco.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

I actually wonder if there's a clause in the contract that lets the TTC return the buses if they're not satisfactory. If not, they could always return it at Costco.

You mean Ikea. 

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Reliability is more important than aesthetic.  I saw the BYD demo drove off the Eglinton garage yesterday. I cannot confirm if it returned later in the evening.

Do you know which demo it is or can you at least describe it? 

As long as the bus functions properly i'll be happy. You know, without the inferno ass heaters at the rear seats, poor air circulation/airflow, lack of rear side windows that cant open, doors that dont line up with the drivers view, protrusions out of the rear floor, etc.. a la NovaBus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lip said:

As long as the bus functions properly i'll be happy. You know, without the inferno ass heaters at the rear seats, poor air circulation/airflow, lack of rear side windows that can open, doors that dont line up with the drivers view, protrusions out of the rear floor, etc.. a la NovaBus.

http://novabus.com/transit-solutions/electro-mobility/

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet but I was reading the Metro newspaper, and on the TTC page of it, it says the Proterra will enter service this Saturday on route 6 Bay around 11am 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here yet but I was reading the Metro newspaper, and on the TTC page of it, it says the Proterra will enter service this Saturday on route 6 Bay around 11am 

I guess Stuart didn't want his contact at Metro to get scooped

TTC putting more electric buses on the road

October 25, 2019

Tomorrow, the TTC will be increasing the number of all-electric buses (eBuses) it has in service and expanding eBus charging infrastructure to a second location, the Mount Dennis Bus Garage.

Vehicles from Proterra Inc., one of three companies manufacturing all-electric buses for the TTC, will be based exclusively out of Mount Dennis. The first route with the Proterra buses will be 6 Bay.

The TTC purchased 60 all-electric buses from three manufacturers: 25 from Proterra Inc., 25 from New Flyer Industries Inc. and 10 from BYD Canada Co. Ltd. The TTC's complete complement of electric buses, scheduled to arrive in full by the first quarter of 2020, will make up one of the largest mini-fleets of electric buses in North America.

The TTC's Arrow Road Bus Division was the first TTC location to be outfitted with the leading-edge charging technology and the TTC's Eglinton Garage will follow later this year. Ten New Flyer eBuses are already in service, operating out of the Arrow Road Bus Division and nine additional Proterra vehicles will enter service in the coming weeks as each completes testing and commissioning.

"Our city is committed to tackling climate change with meaningful action," said Mayor John Tory. "Investing in electric buses is one of the many ways Toronto is working to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions while improving our transit system."

"The TTC continues to plan for climate change and work towards a 100 per cent zero emissions fleet by 2040," said TTC Chair Jaye Robinson. "We're very excited to be making headway and moving forward with this important project."

The electrification of vehicles is a key component of the City's TransformTO climate action strategy, which targets an 80 per cent reduction in local greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. To meet that target, 100 per cent of vehicles in Toronto must transition to low-carbon energy by 2050. The electrification of buses demonstrates the City's commitment to lead by example. Vehicles generate about one-third of the emissions in Toronto today. The TTC's new eBuses operate on truly green propulsion technology with zero tailpipe emissions.

The Government of Canada and the City of Toronto are investing $140 million in this project under federal Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF). The money is being used for these electric buses and to begin laying the infrastructure for future expansion of the TTC's zero-emissions fleet. This fund is helping keep Torontonians moving through investments in the repair, modernization and expansion of the city's transit and active transportation networks. In total, up to $1.8 billion is being invested in Toronto through PTIF, which was launched on August 23, 2016.