48 minutes ago, Orion V said:

Anyone know when the next 10 or 15 units of XE40s will arrive? I didn't think it would take this long after the first 10.

If this happens with the Proterras, it'll be next year till we get the next 10 or 15 Proterras.

Also, anyone know how to update the Wiki page for the title of the 3740s as it is now confirmed to be 3725s onwards instead of the latter? I was discussing with another fellow member and we can't seem to edit the title of the page.

The last 15 XE40s and 15 BE40s are scheduled to arrive in Q4 2019 and who knows if we'll ever see the BYD's arrive at all at this point.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shemar said:

who knows if we'll ever see the BYD's arrive at all at this point.

I hope they don't arrive at all. Stick with North American buses.

3 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

3709 NIS heading to Kipling station

The current XE40 batch (3700-3707, 3709) is here long enough and doesn't deserve sightings to be posted here anymore. I don't think 3708 has entered service yet.

You sure 3709 went to Kipling Station? It is on the school run that heads down Kipling and would turn west to Princess Margaret and start service on the 46 to Steeles. Then deadhead to Signal Hill and start service eastbound on the 60D.

4 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3725 is now trackable.

The tracker isn’t working properly, I just went by and all the Proterras are inside while 3725 is still tracking outside. There is also a new, unknown Proterra delivered I saw 4 buses there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Anyone have any idea on what route the Proterra's would be on?

Every route at Mount Dennis.

Dan

On 9/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, MK78 said:

I hope they don't arrive at all. Stick with North American buses.

Found in Indianapolis On Aug 8 running in service. As Sept, these 60' buses are running on the Red Line BRT that went into service then. More buses on order for the next 2 BRT lines to come on line in the next few years. Route 8 runs one end of the city to the airport in the other end. They use red paint for the BRT lanes. These are NA buses built in California where TTC buses are being built.

48645895251_34b8435666_b.jpg48646069542_b6b09a3a6c_b.jpg48645930846_d830857136_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They seem to like dispatching electric buses on 59 Maple Leaf. That's quite a different route in operating environment compared to 35 Jane. Transsee says two out right now, and I see them out on Ingram regularly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

They seem to like dispatching electric buses on 59 Maple Leaf. That's quite a different route in operating environment compared to 35 Jane. Transsee says two out right now, and I see them out on Ingram regularly.

It'll likely change every board

5 hours ago, drum118 said:

Found in Indianapolis On Aug 8 running in service. As Sept, these 60' buses are running on the Red Line BRT that went into service then. More buses on order for the next 2 BRT lines to come on line in the next few years. Route 8 runs one end of the city to the airport in the other end. They use red paint for the BRT lanes. These are NA buses built in California where TTC buses are being built.

48645895251_34b8435666_b.jpg48646069542_b6b09a3a6c_b.jpg48645930846_d830857136_b.jpg

Even though they build these in California these buses are still junk. 

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Those might end up in the same fate as the Orion 3 Ikarus.

Let's not get hasty here. There's a potential for them to actually perform well.

...unless I'm missing something here aside from the fact a Chinese company built them and the non-standard chargers.

1 hour ago, AnalogPentium said:

Let's not get hasty here. There's a potential for them to actually perform well.

...unless I'm missing something here aside from the fact a Chinese company built them and the non-standard chargers.

The BYDs might have a potential to perform well in terms of mileage. Ikarus built great buses that lasted for decades in Europe but they weren't well suited for Canadian roads. They might be very functional in southern China like all the ones in roaming in Shenzhen. There is a probability the frame will end up with the same fate here. I was specifically pointing to those artics but who knows, Cali doesn't snow like us.

8 hours ago, AnalogPentium said:

https://www.abqjournal.com/1322358/city-settles-lawsuit-against-art-bus-manufacturer.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-electric-buses-20180520-story.html

Perhaps the allegations are unfounded, but I don’t see the other two manufacturers getting their asses dragged into court semi regularly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The BYDs might have a potential to perform well in terms of mileage. Ikarus built great buses that lasted for decades in Europe but they weren't well suited for Canadian roads. They might be very functional in southern China like all the ones in roaming in Shenzhen. There is a probability the frame will end up with the same fate here. I was specifically pointing to those artics but who knows, Cali doesn't snow like us.

Ah okay. I kinda forgot about the issues with the Ikaruses. My bad.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

https://www.abqjournal.com/1322358/city-settles-lawsuit-against-art-bus-manufacturer.html

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-electric-buses-20180520-story.html

Perhaps the allegations are unfounded, but I don’t see the other two manufacturers getting their asses dragged into court semi regularly.

Okay, I had zero idea about that. Thanks for filling me in.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

No surprise there... Chinese companies skimp everywhere and anywhere they can. Just a part of their DNA.