Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Actually since you bring that up, I remember older TTC buses, usually high floors, having some kind of bash plate under the front door for protection from the curb when rolling up to and hanging over it or kneeling? (don’t quote me on that). I’ll try to find a photo. You won’t find them on newer buses as far as I’ve seen.

Pretty certain I’ve seen the plate suspended at an angle, with the rearmost side closer to the ground, the front side higher up. I think this might be it in the photo. I’m pretty sure someone will know what I’m talking about here. 

 

0E3F3DD7-3B10-43E5-97B6-90FAE8F5CE94.jpeg

I do believe that all the buses from the ‘90 CNG V and afterwards had that plate (not sure about the RTSes though). Given the shape and positioning of the ramp on the front doors, the guard is a smaller black metal piece to base right of the foot of the door. *this has well and past veered off topic* lol

Let’s see how each model performs before we start losing our minds over the asthetics of the BE40s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Actually since you bring that up, I remember older TTC buses, usually high floors, having some kind of bash plate under the front door for protection from the curb when rolling up to and hanging over it or kneeling? (don’t quote me on that). I’ll try to find a photo. You won’t find them on newer buses as far as I’ve seen.

Pretty certain I’ve seen the plate suspended at an angle, with the rearmost side closer to the ground, the front side higher up. I think this might be it in the photo. I’m pretty sure someone will know what I’m talking about here. 

 

0E3F3DD7-3B10-43E5-97B6-90FAE8F5CE94.jpeg

They’re not as obvious, but they’re under there.

9 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Let’s see how each model performs before we start losing our minds over the asthetics of the BE40s

^this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is leaving topic, please keep it on track. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FeedStalker said:

 

Already posted on the previous page. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Already posted on the previous page. 

Nothing wrong with posting a video of a brand new electric bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The numbers for the proterras are confirmed 3725 and 3726. They put a piece of tape with the numbers on them on the front window, until permanent number decals can be put on.

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Nothing wrong with posting a video of a brand new electric bus.

But more than once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

But more than once?

Oh, I see what you mean. The person who posted it the second time is a newer member to the board.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I wonder what the procedure is when an electric bus runs out of power. Do they tow it, or do they have some sort of mobile generator unit that could be brought along side to charge up the batteries enough to make it to the garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MK78 said:

So I wonder what the procedure is when an electric bus runs out of power. Do they tow it, or do they have some sort of mobile generator unit that could be brought along side to charge up the batteries enough to make it to the garage.

I wonder if towing it could charge the batteries? 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Someone had chartered it for a wedding yesterday, it may have died there

3861152F-6796-49B0-A61C-6097C5B8DC9F.jpeg

It was definitely on the 46 later yesterday afternoon and died along the route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when the next 10 or 15 units of XE40s will arrive? I didn't think it would take this long after the first 10.

If this happens with the Proterras, it'll be next year till we get the next 10 or 15 Proterras.

Also, anyone know how to update the Wiki page for the title of the 3740s as it is now confirmed to be 3725s onwards instead of the latter? I was discussing with another fellow member and we can't seem to edit the title of the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Orion V said:

Anyone know when the next 10 or 15 units of XE40s will arrive? I didn't think it would take this long after the first 10.

If this happens with the Proterras, it'll be next year till we get the next 10 or 15 Proterras.

Also, anyone know how to update the Wiki page for the title of the 3740s as it is now confirmed to be 3725s onwards instead of the latter? I was discussing with another fellow member and we can't seem to edit the title of the page.

You have to request the title to be changed here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...