5 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

It's like you're trying to get more people to leave...

I agree, though

You're totally going off on a tangent here. We're talking about new electric buses. I like them without rear window. What's the problem here? It's ok to talk about frameless windows but not rear window? 

On 3/31/2019 at 3:34 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Because the XE40s are ONLY available with rear climate control, which was mentioned not 3 hours, and 3 posts above?

17 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

You're totally going off on a tangent here. We're talking about new electric buses. I like them without rear window. What's the problem here? It's ok to talk about frameless windows but not rear window? 

We already have had this discussion. Two things came out of it: One was that these buses will have no rear window, and the other was losing one our best members.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Anyone notice 3700 is equipped with a different bike rack model

Okay so I'm not blind. It looks like the same ones that could hold 3 bikes but they took the middle section out.

31 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Anyone notice 3700 is equipped with a different bike rack model

i remembered 8823 had the same bike rack (sportworks apex 2) for a while then later had the dl2 np bike rack back on

27 minutes ago, transportationtoronto said:

Anyone know if 3700 (or any other one for that matter) will get the electric bus wrap as shown earlier?

#3700 will most likely get the wrap.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

🙄

Rear window = useless

meh I beg to differ; one of my buddies says as a driver its useful to see if the bus ahead is going to stop at the next stop. Its not put there for that reason obviously, but I wouldn't say its useless. As a passenger, it makes a world of a difference in terms of brightness inside the bus. 

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

#3700 will most likely get the wrap.

Whoever thought yellow of all colours to slap on to a TTC bus🙄

Pretty soon it'll be the McDonald's Express.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Rear window = useless

Not at all.  As a passenger I prefer having a rear window, so that I can stand, look out and see if the bus I need to transfer to is behind the bus I am on.

Rear windows are also integral on trolleys so you can judge if you are on the correct wires after making a switch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doppelkupplung said:

meh I beg to differ; one of my buddies says as a driver its useful to see if the bus ahead is going to stop at the next stop. Its not put there for that reason obviously, but I wouldn't say its useless. As a passenger, it makes a world of a difference in terms of brightness inside the bus. 

🙄

That's what turn signal are for but yes I can see that being a little helpful. As far as brightness, I don't need more brightness in the bus. I don't need sun shining in though the rear window or cars with high beams or those cheap HID kits doing that either. There is already enough glare on the windshield especially in the dark without adding more light. 

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

Not at all.  As a passenger I prefer having a rear window, so that I can stand, look out and see if the bus I need to transfer to is behind the bus I am on.

Rear windows are also integral on trolleys so you can judge if you are on the correct wires after making a switch.

This is completely irrelevant to me as I drive the bus and don't care about connecting buses. You can always use an app to see what bus is coming up behind. 

And trolleys are completely different machine and don't really apply to this discussion. 

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

That's what turn signal are for but yes I can see that being a little helpful. As far as brightness, I don't need more brightness in the bus. I don't need sun shining in though the rear window or cars with high beams or those cheap HID kits doing that either. There is already enough glare on the windshield especially in the dark without adding more light. 

I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about the passengers. You’re sitting 40 feet ahead. Rear window isn’t meant for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about the passengers. You’re sitting 40 feet ahead. Rear window isn’t meant for you.

I'm talking as a driver. Why is that so hard to understand? And don't make 7575 quit again dude. 

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

This is completely irrelevant to me as I drive the bus and don't care about connecting buses. You can always use an app to see what bus is coming up behind. 

And trolleys are completely different machine and don't really apply to this discussion. 

The discussion is about the relevance of rear windows, therefore anything relevant to rear windows apply to this discussion.  And MANY people do not have smart phones with apps and what not.  As a driver, connections ARE your business. If you display this type of attitude on your bus while on duty, heaven help your passengers and work mates.

• Thanks 9

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

The discussion is about the relevance of rear windows, therefore anything relevant to rear windows apply to this discussion.  And MANY people do not have smart phones with apps and what not.  As a driver, connections ARE your business. If you display this type of attitude on your bus while on duty, heaven help your passengers and work mates.

My business is to drive the bus safely and help people to the best of my ability. I can not guarantee that you will catch a connecting bus any more then you can. Let's be realistic here. What can an operator do to ensure you make your connection? Other then driving the bus safely not very much. 

Let's get back to electric bus discussion here. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

My business is to drive the bus safely and help people to the best of my ability. I can not guarantee that you will catch a connecting bus any more then you can. Let's be realistic here. What can an operator do to ensure you make your connection? Other then driving the bus safely not very much. 

Let's get back to electric bus discussion here. 

Asking connecting buses to wait up if you're running late, waiting for other buses if you're early/on time (and the other bus is late), etc.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Asking connecting buses to wait up if you're running late, waiting for other buses if you're early/on time (and the other bus is late), etc.

And how do you suggest I do that? Supervisors take forever to get back to you when you call. On night bus it's a little more doable, and I've done that a few times. I had a passenger in a mobility device at night one time and I called to ask if the connecting bus can wait and supervisor made sure that customer was accommodated. But realistically speaking it's not something that can be done regularly. 

I've asked if with vision we could possibly have info regarding connecting buses for this exact reason you mentioned, but unfortunately it's not possible. 

• Like 1