TTC Electric Buses

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Tom1122 said:

I've heard that the BYDs had many units out of service for months while waiting for parts from China. Are the Proterras in the same boat?

About 8 Proterras were out of service in the last one month or longer. And around 4 BYDs have similar situation. But actually parts shortage is always a problem for both of them

• 1 month later...

I was talking to a supervisor today who told me the BYD's have all been pulled from service until further notice. Anyone know if this is true and what its about?

I see some posts about not being able to get parts, is this related to that or is it something else?

1 hour ago, H4 5600 said:

I was talking to a supervisor today who told me the BYD's have all been pulled from service until further notice. Anyone know if this is true and what its about?

I see some posts about not being able to get parts, is this related to that or is it something else?

Before they were pulled out of service at the end July, there’re six active BYDs so I don’t think it’s related to parts shortage as it’s not easy for six buses to break down in one day. So probably it’s because of other reasons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Yesterday I went by Eglinton garage (I stayed off property) I was able to walk around and see 8 of the 10 BYDs (I didn't see 3752 or 3755 but presumably they were there)

I remember 3752 was sent back to BYD Newmarket Plant for repair a few weeks ago and 3755 sitting beside 3756 and 3753(The left one in the pic is 3755)

33BD7F3C-E20D-42FF-AE76-48CA879E470D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 12:23 PM, Shemar said:

Birchmount is receiving 10 XE40s from Arrow so 8 more will be moving east.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Bus_Medic said:

I don’t recall any charging infrastructure being installed there, so how’s that gonna work?

You sure this is gonna happen? It’s likely there may be operator training on the Xcelsiors in the coming weeks. #3708 just recently did driver training weeks ago.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Bus_Medic said:

I don’t recall any charging infrastructure being installed there, so how’s that gonna work?

It started being installed there sometime during the summer I believe. I was working at Birchmount and saw them installing it (i had also overheard other operators talking about it).

The location should be at the very back of the garage, somewhere here image.thumb.png.d98a224615a53f82a72e4e6ab82d000a.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 7749 said:

It started being installed there sometime during the summer I believe. I was working at Birchmount and saw them installing it (i had also overheard other operators talking about it).

The location should be at the very back of the garage, somewhere here image.thumb.png.d98a224615a53f82a72e4e6ab82d000a.png

Has engineering signed off for use yet though?

I take it that they are ahead of schedule as new eBuses aren't arriving till second half of 2023 based on the eBus report from the spring. If they are sending XE40s to Birchmount, then they must have settle on not BYD based on charger type and probably not Proterra either given their longer length. If training is happening, perhaps they would procure XE40s for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Young said:

Are the new orders of Electric Vehicles coming in 2023 along with the new hybrid vehicles? Or are the electric vehicles coming first?

The electric bus order hasn't been awarded yet last I heard.

The hybrid order is awarded for delivery as per the above said timeline.

• 2 weeks later...