TTC Electric Buses

On 12/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ultimate said:

3757 entered service today? Seen it deboarding at Kennedy station today, sign was NIS and it left NIS and returned to the garage. Transsee shows no route history but it unloaded passengers at the drop off bay at Kennedy station about 45 minutes ago

Yes it did enter service. It was also in service that same afternoon but wasn't tracking on a route.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ultimate said:

3757 entered service today? Seen it deboarding at Kennedy station today, sign was NIS and it left NIS and returned to the garage. Transsee shows no route history but it unloaded passengers at the drop off bay at Kennedy station about 45 minutes ago

It was doing 86a in the morning and 116c in the pm

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 12:27 AM, bus_7246 said:

I think 3710 (I might be wrong) has most of the Electric Bus wrap missing on the driver’s side. The start of the wrap including the thunderbolt to the front of the rear wheel well is just the fresh painted side

3709. It was t-boned during training back in the summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Shemar said:

3700, 3729 and 3758 have resumed their testing regimen recently and are currently shadowing the 43 Kennedy

I wonder if they'll actually have a detail report on all of this after they are done. It'll be interesting to know how well they perform in each season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shemar said:

3700, 3729 and 3758 have resumed their testing regimen recently and are currently shadowing the 43 Kennedy

I saw them at Kennedy and Finch at about 10:15 yesterday

I tend to call them "The Convoy" because they move in a kind of convoy. Anyway 3700, 3729, and 3758 is training shadowing the 57 as of now

Also I find it seldom, but I sometimes find Proterras on the 300, is that usual or no?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I wonder if they'll actually have a detail report on all of this after they are done. It'll be interesting to know how well they perform in each season.

Has anybody got a handle on the availability levels of each of the models yet - even an estimated one? 

I believe that the TTC will have a report on the three eBus models by the end of Q1 2021, and then based on the report they will begin the procurement process for the next eBus order

2 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Also I find it seldom, but I sometimes find Proterras on the 300, is that usual or no?

Yes that is a normal occurrence

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, sdgta2008 said:

There's not a single electric bus out at the moment (12pm).  Are they keeping them tucked in when it gets too cold?

The New Flyer and BYD units only go out on shifts less than 8 hours; therefore, they are mostly restricted to rush-hour runs on weekdays, since any scheduled runs out in the midday periods are longer than that. Mount Dennis sometimes puts the Proterra buses out for longer (up to 12-16 hours per day) but they are not always out on midday runs.

I counted 12 of 24 New Flyers, 13 of 24 Proterras, and 1 of 9 BYDs out during AM rush, so they're definitely still seeing service. (The three testing buses have been excluded as they are not currently configured for regular service)

Btw, the 12 o'clock hour is probably the lowest point for daytime service with COVID schedules right now; the extended AM extras all run into the garages before 12:30, while the extended PM extras don't start going out until at least 1 or 2pm. Considering the restrictions on run length that the eBuses are currently on, using a single measurement the 12 o'clock hour as the determination of how well the buses are doing is not a great yardstick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 1:06 PM, Articulated said:

I counted 12 of 24 New Flyers, 13 of 24 Proterras, and 1 of 9 BYDs out during AM rush, so they're definitely still seeing service. (The three testing buses have been excluded as they are not currently configured for regular service)

Your counts are off. There are 25 XE40s, 25 BE40s, and 10 K9Ms. If you are excluding the test buses, I stand corrected. 
Side note: 3729 went back to Mt Dennis to recharge after its day of testing yesterday(not sure of their normal plans after a day out testing)

The trio of e-buses were heading today (February 2) west along Wilson Avenue, west of Bathurst 

• Confused 1