TTC Electric Buses

3 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

3725 doing some major cross city testing or something, earlier it was at Queensway, now it’s at Kingston Road and Meadowvale. 

Probably training since that unit is the first Proterra already in service

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Articulated said:

According to Transsee, today is the first day in service for 3735, the first of the second batch of Proterras. It is out on 3 run Eglinton West, an all-day run.

Saw it today, I believe the reason the second batch hasn’t entered service until now is that they have rooftop chargers and Mt. Dennis doesn’t have them installed. I’ve attached a photo of it at Keele and Eglinton with the charger, looks kinda weird. 

D6E039F6-0AEA-4CD2-8F51-D97C7390F1FE.jpeg

• Like 6

On 7/29/2020 at 3:35 PM, TTC Guy said:

Saw it today, I believe the reason the second batch hasn’t entered service until now is that they have rooftop chargers and Mt. Dennis doesn’t have them installed. I’ve attached a photo of it at Keele and Eglinton with the charger, looks kinda weird. 

D6E039F6-0AEA-4CD2-8F51-D97C7390F1FE.jpeg

I don't think the TTC has installed any roof top charging stations at the moment. 3710-3724 and 3735-3749 have roof top chargers in addition to the plug in charging ports. They were ordered with roof top chargers for potential testing in the future I believe. The second batch of Proterras might have needed another round of training/familiarization possibly for the slight differences between them and the first batch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.