TTC Electric Buses

On 4/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, drum118 said:

TTC NFI E-bus 3713 Leading the parade today and 3733 was near the end. Only BYD E-Bus a no show. 2252 was in the parade as well.

<https://youtu.be/8mf7Imr2s3o>

<https://youtu.be/A08q7BatFo4>

A win for New Flyer and Proterra that their buses made it into the parade, and a loss for BYD at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, TTCNLFBT said:

TTC BYD 3754 was doing some hill testing on Pharmacy south of St. Clair today.  It came back to Eglinton Garage at 1:37 pm.

3754 (1) a.JPG3754 (2) a.JPG

are you sure about the hill testing?  training has started today for drivers.  not sure if those drivers who will be going to other divisions will be trained.

1 minute ago, leylandvictory2 said:

are you sure about the hill testing?  training has started today for drivers.  not sure if those drivers who will be going to other divisions will be trained.

Yes, it was going up and down for about three times between VP Stn to Warden Stn via Pharmacy and then eb on St. Clair.

1 minute ago, TTCNLFBT said:

Yes, it was going up and down for about three times between VP Stn to Warden Stn via Pharmacy and then eb on St. Clair.

you may be right.  I don't know if there are another BYD plated yet.  For sure there is a training class today. 

The hill (Dolphin) at Pharmacy is nothing compare to the hill at Don Mills (near Graydon Haill).  

Maybe it's a perception thing but these K9Ms look smaller than the XE40s and BE40s. Similar length wise to the LFSes. The section between rear door to front wheel is so short and the back doesn't look like it can hold too many seats either. The LFS wasted alot of its length with the curve front end but K9M has a pretty flat front end so I wonder where did all the space go...

28 minutes ago, Orion V said:

The LFS wasted alot of its length with the curve front end but K9M has a pretty flat front end so I wonder where did all the space go...

Its not the curve, its the shorter wheelbase, meaning a lot has to overhang the front wheels that can't be used for much. I still find the original Orion VII's with the 38 seats the best low floor layout.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MK78 said:

Its not the curve, its the shorter wheelbase, meaning a lot has to overhang the front wheels that can't be used for much. I still find the original Orion VII's with the 38 seats the best low floor layout.

Not in the rear though. The change made in the rear with NGs made much easier circulation of customers (especially with standees). Still, the 7s as a whole just more spacious, even if it was just 2-3 feet more space behind the wheel wells compared to the LFS.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, TTCNLFBT said:

I don’t know much about this subject, they might be doing both Hill Testing AND Operator Orientation at the same time. Maybe they are training operators in the BYDs while mechanics from the depot are tracking how the bus performs on hills.