TTC Electric Buses

31 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

I was at Eglinton division the other day and had a good look at one of the BYD buses. I have to say I wasn't very impressed. 

In what way? interior layout, fit & finish, operators cab?

7 hours ago, MK78 said:

In what way? interior layout, fit & finish, operators cab?

All of the above actually. 

Those steps going to the back are awkward. The 5 seats across the back don't have any windows because they end about 3 feet earlier. Big cabinets behind driver take up lots of space and make it feel more closed in. 

Fit and finished is eh.

I did like the big speedometer gauge though. 

• Thanks 1

I still prefer the old Orion VII OG interior layout the most, out of all the low floor buses we've had... Subsequent versions just reduce seating to the point that a 40ft bus has as low as 32 seats, from 38 of the Orion VII OG's.

And the OG had the same two spots for mobility devices.

16 hours ago, MK78 said:

So what's the deal here... If the XE60 was first (nov 2018), then why is BYD claiming 1st?

I did a bit more reading into this and this is what I found out: The test that the K11M did was a newer version of the Federal Transit Bus Test at Altoona. They call it the Altoona Test. That's probably why they said that the K11M was the first artic to successfully complete it.

EQIiJ2sUwAA2WO1.jpeg

• Like 1

Just notice the BYDs have Gemini seats as oppose to the Insight that the other 2 electric models use.

There was an interior pic posted in this thread a few pages back.

The rear step is really weird. If you think the Xcelsior rear step is weird, this is another level...

On March 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM, Shemar said:

I did a bit more reading into this and this is what I found out: The test that the K11M did was a newer version of the Federal Transit Bus Test at Altoona. They call it the Altoona Test. That's probably why they said that the K11M was the first artic to successfully complete it.

It's been nicknamed the Altoona Test since I first heard of it decades ago.

The change that happened was in 2016 when the testing went from just being a test that had no conclusions, to being a pass/ fail test.

The XE60 only required a partial test as the 60' Xcelsior platform had already undergone a full test. 

The K11M had never been tested so it had to do the full test, and hence why they can make that claim.

Given that the XE60 was test #1903 and the K11M #1905, it's possible they might have been testing at the same time.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:35 PM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3723 is now delivered at arrow road garage.

There's a photo in today's Toronto Sun showing 3723 on a flatbed trailer crossing the US/Canada border in Sarnia on 16 March 2020:

afp_1q00dt_77693264-e1586199511104.jpg

Photo by Geoff Robins, AFP/Getty Images

image.thumb.png.b5648acb7c1641da08aefb2de25f0c6d.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...