TTC Electric Buses

3 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

they may want to wait until mcnicol garage opens.  A lot of Eglinton drivers are moving to other divisions as a result of Mcnicol garage.  

It doesn't take long to train someone on a new bus. And to have buses sitting for months until McNicholl opens is just not smart. 

• Like 2

Anyone have an idea on how  the move of operators is handled to a new garage? are they just randomly selected to stay or relocate, or do they have input on whether they want to stay or move?

If they have input, then they will probably train the operators who want to stay at Eglinton, that'd just be my guess.

How long before McNicoll opens anyway?

11 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

It doesn't take long to train someone on a new bus. And to have buses sitting for months until McNicholl opens is just not smart. 

it took about a month and half to train all the operators to complete the Nova bus training.  

2 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Anyone have an idea on how  the move of operators is handled to a new garage? are they just randomly selected to stay or relocate, or do they have input on whether they want to stay or move?

If they have input, then they will probably train the operators who want to stay at Eglinton, that'd just be my guess.

How long before McNicoll opens anyway?

It is based on seniority (similar to picking your work).  

btw 7 byd has been delivered.  so I say 3 were delivered today.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Doubt it. One of the big players will probably win that contract.

I doubt they'll sole source it to NFI (which is the only major player for overnight charging). Likely a competitive bid based on performance not price.

Right now, I'm wondering what's happening with the XE40's. They have only 1-3 out in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. It's the same ones too. I think 3708 and 3709 haven't seen service this year. Maybe they should just stick with hybrids.

Considering how much the TTCs Nova Bus fleet is growing, I can see them ordering the LFSe+ in 2022 if that's what they decide to do.

It will be interesting to see if the K9Ms outperform the XE40s and the BE40s. If that's the case, then it will be BYD that has the last laugh considering how much some people have been criticizing the buses before they even get here and enter service.

20 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Considering how much the TTCs Nova Bus fleet is growing, I can see them ordering the LFSe+ in 2022 if that's what they decide to do.

It will be interesting to see if the K9Ms outperform the XE40s and the BE40s. If that's the case, then it will be BYD that has the last laugh considering how much some people have been criticizing the buses before they even get here and enter service.

Dont hold your breath. 

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Dont hold your breath. 

I'm not favouring one over the other, I'm just saying that some people will be literally "eating their own words" if the BYD buses turn out to be a success. And a bus is just a bus! As long as they do what they're supposed to which is to take people from point a to point b, and that bus service is reliable, then most commuters that take the TTC will be satisfied with that and will care less about what kind of bus they are taking on a regular basis.

Saw 3725 the other day and seemed a bit “toy like” from the back, I guess because I have gotten used to a “flat” back end in TTC buses where this seemed curved and a bit plasticky visually. Obviously none of that matters as long as it does the job!

It was on 141; not sure if that route suits the vehicle but if people are going be expected to pay a premium for 140 series routes the least the TTC can give them is a quiet bus.