TTC Electric Buses

5 hours ago, Etienne said:

3731 went out for PM rush service last night. Caught it on 141 Mount Pleasant Express. Can't wait to catch one on the 14/28 Interlining.

IMG_1929.jpg

thumb_IMG_1932_1024.jpg

This is the type of posts that are intended for the Today’s Sightings thread

3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Talking about sightings or rather the lack of sightings, I noticed very few XE40s head out now recently. Normally by now there would have been 4-5 of them out but there's just one heading out onto the 119. I'm waiting till they admit they aren't making expectations

I wonder if its simply range, or other reliability issues. And it hasn't even been a super cold winter so far where the range would be more negatively affected.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:19 AM, Xtrazsteve said:

Talking about sightings or rather the lack of sightings, I noticed very few XE40s head out now recently. Normally by now there would have been 4-5 of them out but there's just one heading out onto the 119. I'm waiting till they admit they aren't making expectations

Langillie's probably wouldn't mind making a few extra bucks /s

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

A BYD has been delivered to Eglinton. It's parked inside the garage.

Hehe, officially? I think it's been reported that a BYD was once at Eglinton, but went back. I guess we'll find out if its here to stay if it starts tracking soon.

On 1/26/2020 at 5:42 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

TTC has accepted one of the two BYD buses delivered last day.  It had received the fleet number 3754 and of course the company's logo.  From the looks of it, it is very unlikely it will receive the yellow wrap like the other electric buses.  

3754 doesn't have a license plate plate 

#3750 also arrived.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AnalogPentium said:

I saw an ad on the TTC earlier that all of the electric buses will be delivered by the end of this month. Does anyone know if the TTC is actually on track for this because I actually doubt it. Unless I accidentally skipped over it, I saw nothing in the meeting report about this.

Well out of the 60 electric buses the TTC is getting, only 25 of them are on TTC property (13 XE40s, 10 BE40s, and 2 K9Ms).

1 hour ago, AnalogPentium said:

I saw an ad on the TTC earlier that all of the electric buses will be delivered by the end of this month. Does anyone know if the TTC is actually on track for this because I actually doubt it. Unless I accidentally skipped over it, I saw nothing in the meeting report about this.

Yeah, saw the same ad and also wondered the same thing... Not quite on track... Last year the stream of these new buses was coming in fairly regularly then it dried up... Wonder if they are asking the factory for some modifications or changes before the rest are delivered. I'm talking mostly about the New Flyers & Proterras, since the TTC actually has some revenue test miles on them.