TTC Electric Buses

I spotted two of the BYDs on the 401 East Express between Bayview and the DVP/404 around 4pm today. They ended up going north on the 404. There were no decals or fleet numbers on them. Only the livery and programmed destination signs (one showing NIS, the other showing Line 3 Shuttle to McCowan Stn).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

I spotted two of the BYDs on the 401 East Express between Bayview and the DVP/404 around 4pm today. They ended up going north on the 404. There were no decals or fleet numbers on them. Only the livery and programmed destination signs (one showing NIS, the other showing Line 3 Shuttle to McCowan Stn).

They were probably doing some kind of road test, maybe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Maybe they're already anticipating the possible shitshow they may have to partake in when the time comes...

It's gonna be hard to beat Proterra. 3725 failing within 15 minutes of entering service and has yet to be seen again since last Tuesday. 

It seems like there is a fight for last place ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

I was in Newmarket today at the Hwy 404 Davis Drive Park and Ride when I saw not one but two BYDs bound for TTC. I took some pics and a video which can be seen here:

The front shot looks like the bus has horns lol... The strangest design for sure, from the eBuses that the TTC is piloting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

Based on the CEO report for Nov 12th Meeting, the Flyers are performing well. That's good enough for me.

What page was this on? I found a blurb stating that the road calls had gone up for the 11 year old first generation hybrids lmao (I’m sure that the 1st gen hybrids are definitely 13 years old if they were delivered in 2006)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Transit_Hub said:

The BYD devil horns ?

or it could be though of as wearing snap backs the wrong way round from a side profile...

The reason it looks off is because the bus was spec’d without frameless windows, or black paint to mimick the frameless effect, which would’ve come close to the roof line. BYDs here have small windows so without the black effect the proportions look off. Case in point is the demo that visited the garages. If it had it, no one would’ve bat an eye. But I guess they thought this was the best way to display the livery. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

or it could be though of as wearing snap backs the wrong way round from a side profile...

The reason it looks off is because the bus was spec’d without frameless windows, or fake black paint to mimick the frameless effect, which would’ve come close to the roof line. BYDs here have small windows so without the black effect the proportions look off. Case in point is the demo that visited the garages. If it had it, no one would’ve bat an eye. But I guess they thought this was the best way to display the livery. 

Watch your back, BYD may be on you.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

What page was this on? I found a blurb stating that the road calls had gone up for the 11 year old first generation hybrids lmao (I’m sure that the 1st gen hybrids are definitely 13 years old if they were delivered in 2006)

The "first generation hybrids" consist of both the 2006 built Orion VII buses as well as the 2007-2009 built Orion VII NG buses. The hybrid system is generally the same in both models of buses, compared to the ones currently used in the Nova LFS HEV buses. Other TTC documents and reports have also referred numerous times to the LFS HEV being the "second generation" of hybrids.

10 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Well, an exaggeration, and anecdotal, but

The MDBF for the bus fleet continues to remain high and above target. New vehicle procurement and commissioning contribute to high reliability, specifically 182 Nova Hybrid buses entered service in 2018 and 2019. In addition to this, we have deployed 10 New Flyer Full Electric buses into service to date, adding to the high reliability number

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

This whole hybrid and electric bus ordering in the name of environmental friendliness all started cause politicians wanted to brag. They should have kept the diesel bus and ban gasoline/diesel cars instead. Maybe force all those taxis roaming around to switch to electric.

That's a pretty controversial statement. 

I'm pretty sure not having to pay for thousands of liters of diesel every year is pretty lucrative for agencies. 

And a lot of those taxis are hybrids eh? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

That's a pretty controversial statement. 

I'm pretty sure not having to pay for thousands of liters of diesel every year is pretty lucrative for agencies. 

And a lot of those taxis are hybrids eh? 

More like millions.

• Like 6