TTC Electric Buses

So I wonder what the procedure is when an electric bus runs out of power. Do they tow it, or do they have some sort of mobile generator unit that could be brought along side to charge up the batteries enough to make it to the garage.

2 hours ago, MK78 said:

So I wonder what the procedure is when an electric bus runs out of power. Do they tow it, or do they have some sort of mobile generator unit that could be brought along side to charge up the batteries enough to make it to the garage.

I wonder if towing it could charge the batteries? ?

• Like 1

Anyone know when the next 10 or 15 units of XE40s will arrive? I didn't think it would take this long after the first 10.

If this happens with the Proterras, it'll be next year till we get the next 10 or 15 Proterras.

Also, anyone know how to update the Wiki page for the title of the 3740s as it is now confirmed to be 3725s onwards instead of the latter? I was discussing with another fellow member and we can't seem to edit the title of the page.

46 minutes ago, Orion V said:

Anyone know when the next 10 or 15 units of XE40s will arrive? I didn't think it would take this long after the first 10.

If this happens with the Proterras, it'll be next year till we get the next 10 or 15 Proterras.

Also, anyone know how to update the Wiki page for the title of the 3740s as it is now confirmed to be 3725s onwards instead of the latter? I was discussing with another fellow member and we can't seem to edit the title of the page.

You have to request the title to be changed here:

48 minutes ago, Orion V said:

The last 15 XE40s and 15 BE40s are scheduled to arrive in Q4 2019 and who knows if we'll ever see the BYD's arrive at all at this point.

• Thanks 1