TTC Electric Buses

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Lex Reid said:

3700 did 2 trips on jane, then got taken off since the driver's knee was hurting from the position of the seat/pedals 

These buses have adjustable pedals, I wonder if he was just sitting wrong and had it in an awkward position.

2 minutes ago, Jan Boic said:

These buses have adjustable pedals, I wonder if he was just sitting wrong and had it in an awkward position.

Doubt he knew, he had a lot of trouble with the controls on the bus while driving

20 hours ago, Lex Reid said:

Doubt he knew, he had a lot of trouble with the controls on the bus while driving

the drivers of those electric buses should have received trainings on adjustable pedals.  

19 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It's been well over a month and they still have only one bus out. I'm disappointed. I don't think ops will have enough exposure till there's a decent number of them running.

I didn't get to drive a nova till like a month and a half after I received my nova bus training.  it won't be difficult to pick up as the drivers are driving buses everyday.  

44 minutes ago, Orion V said:

It seems the delivery of Xcelsiors stopped and the BE40s are taking forever to get here.

Does it take them a much longer time to produce one electric bus compared to all other propulsion tech buses?

According to the December 2018 CEO's report, the Proterra buses were scheduled to arrive in Q3 2019, while the 30 add-on buses from all 3 manufacturers would arrive in Q4 2019.

The first 10 XE40 buses seem to all be on property, and we know the story on the BYD units. Because the options on the 10 extra buses from each manufacturer were confirmed well after the base order, it would make sense that the add-on buses would be slotted onto the production line well after the base units.

2 hours ago, tommike said:

hi i was on 3700 bus and the drive was really push the by driving fast , braking hard. then when it came to stop wilson for red he was going open door but he turn off and had hard time it go and door open. lol  good training?

Good English too! Congrats...

• Haha 1