TTC Electric Buses

• Root Admin
47 minutes ago, TechnicaProductions said:

The Proterras will have the rear window as it comes standard and as far as I'm aware can't be spec'd without it

Sure it can... there are a few systems in the US that have them without windows. Anything is possible. If TTC doesn't want a rear window, then they wont put in a rear window if stated in the contract.

13 minutes ago, J. Boic said:

Sure it can... there are a few systems in the US that have them without windows. Anything is possible. If TTC doesn't want a rear window, then they wont put in a rear window if stated in the contract.

The only Proterras I've seen without the rear window are the BE35s (which has a completely different rear and front design). I've never seen any pics of a BE40 without the rear window

• Root Admin
7 minutes ago, TechnicaProductions said:

The only Proterras I've seen without the rear window are the BE35s (which has a completely different rear and front design). I've never seen any pics of a BE40 without the rear window

You're completely missing the point of my post, but OK.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Because the XE40s are ONLY available with rear climate control, which was mentioned not 3 hours, and 3 posts above?

I give up. Gonna be taking my marbles and going home for awhile.

You don't have to be an asshole about it, I was talking in general , asking why TTC and other agencies don't order buses with a rear window.

Go ahead, take you marbles and go.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Admins: please delete my account.

Oh come on don't let the liberal snowflakes scare you off. Think of the General Lee. Never backed down.

1 hour ago, D40-90 said:

You don't have to be an asshole about it, I was talking in general , asking why TTC and other agencies don't order buses with a rear window.

He's not. He just doesn't like it when people don't read.

To answer everyone elses question about a piece of glass. The TTC opts out for the the piece of glass on the rear. The Proterra won't have a piece of glass on the rear if they did not ask for it. Rear windows it actually an option that costs more than without in most cases. The New Flyer won't have a rear window nor will the BYD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This board has gone downhill in many ways for a long, long time. Coherence, fact checking, grammar and general laziness when reading and posting.I’ve had a front row seat. Any old timers here will have noticed a subtle but steady abandonment of the board over the last decade by actual transit employees out of sheer frustration.

I’ve reached my limit.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I'm done too.

I haven't been around for long but the complete lack of respect here is sickening. Now I've been trying for a while to improve things here but that's next to impossible. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a desire to leave. Count me out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Admins: please delete my account.

57 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

This board has gone downhill in many ways for a long, long time. Coherence, fact checking, grammar and general laziness when reading and posting.I’ve had a front row seat. Any old timers here will have noticed a subtle but steady abandonment of the board over the last decade by actual transit employees out of sheer frustration.

I’ve reached my limit.

21 minutes ago, 7575 said:

I'm done too.

I haven't been around for long but the complete lack of respect here is sickening. Now I've been trying for a while to improve things here but that's next to impossible. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a desire to leave. Count me out.

I understand how you feel. The lack of respect is shitty. And I’d just like to say two things,

First of all, as a newer member I don’t see respect from the very new members and I think that could change with a little bit of effort

Second, when you new members are rude and disrespectful to all the older members who have contributed so much information and helped out the CPTDB so much. I’ve been here since last June and @Bus_Medic is a great member and it’s his desicion to leave but I will miss all of his contributions. @7575 hasn’t been here as long as me but he is a extremely good member as well and his contributions have helped CPTDB a lot.

I will miss these two members and if they choose to leave I respect that but they will be missed a lot. I hope they rethink this desicion for the older members but you will regret being asses when all the older, better members leave. 

Younger members, stop being shitty asses in general but to the older members more, we as a group NEED them in the future. 

I hope you all understand this and @7575 and @Bus_Medic reconsiders fast. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Oh come on don't let the liberal snowflakes scare you off. Think of the General Lee. Never backed down.

He's not. He just doesn't like it when people don't read.

To answer everyone elses question about a piece of glass. The TTC opts out for the the piece of glass on the rear. The Proterra won't have a piece of glass on the rear if they did not ask for it. Rear windows it actually an option that costs more than without in most cases. The New Flyer won't have a rear window nor will the BYD.

A simple answer would have been good. So it cost more, which I didn't know. Thank you.

And calling me a liberal Snowflake doesn't bother me, but if I dish it you better take it. So if you want to continue this without shutting down the thread, PM me

2 hours ago, D40-90 said:

A simple answer would have been good. So it cost more, which I didn't know. Thank you.

And calling me a liberal Snowflake doesn't bother me, but if I dish it you better take it. So if you want to continue this without shutting down the thread, PM me

Wasn't directing it towards you.

18 hours ago, D40-90 said:

How exactly was he being an asshole. You mentioned New Flyers and rear windows and TTC's specs. You clearly didn't bother reading his post. I would be frustrated too if I decided to share technical knowledge only to have it be ignored.

17 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

This is neither helpful nor warranted.

16 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Any old timers here will have noticed a subtle but steady abandonment of the board over the last decade by actual transit employees out of sheer frustration.

I can confirm. And it's a damn shame too.

I hope everyone here takes a moment to examine their behaviour. Rabid foaming at the mouth, dismissive of professionals, ridiculous and non-fact based statements, ungratefulness, greedy. If any of this sounds like behaviour you engage in, it's in your best interest to change. But honestly, I'll be surprised if some of you do. Sometimes the lack of self awareness on here is astounding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

Hey y'all, 

I've made the decision to stay around a little longer. I hope this can be a learning experience for everyone involved. From here on out, there's no excuse to be disrespectful. It started long before my time. I'm gonna remain active for now but if this shit continues, I'm out. This behaviour is disgusting. It's easy for things to improve here. It warrants some members getting their heads out of their asses and learning from their immature behaviour. 

Consider yourselves warned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I went by arrow road garage and I spoke to a friend of mine who does the pdi on the new novas I got information that the first New Flyer xe40 was supposed to be here last Friday and now they are saying this week hopefully by this  Friday the first one will actually come.  I was also told the first of the New Flyer xe40s got delayed because of some production issues at the New Flyer in Winnipeg. 

• Like 1