TTC Electric Buses

Not sure where the appropriate thread to discuss this is but I've been wondering something for the past little while and am hoping someone can answer this.

I noticed in the past 2 service summaries that the New Flyer and BYD buses are listed in the fleet page for "future delivery" but Proterra doesn't appear anywhere on it despite an order being confirmed. Would anyone here happen to know why this is?

1 hour ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Not sure where the appropriate thread to discuss this is but I've been wondering something for the past little while and am hoping someone can answer this.

I noticed in the past 2 service summaries that the New Flyer and BYD buses are listed in the fleet page for "future delivery" but Proterra doesn't appear anywhere on it despite an order being confirmed. Would anyone here happen to know why this is?

Electric Buses (60 eBuses)
As of August 16th, 2018, we now have confirmed delivery dates for both New Flyer and BYD buses. Both will begin delivery in Q1 2019. New Flyer will complete delivery
of the first 10 buses by end of March 2019, and BYD will complete delivery of its first 10 buses by end of April 2019. Negotiations with Proterra continue and are expected to be concluded by the end of September 2018. Weekly meetings with all three bus OEMs are ongoing to monitor and progress the works on the vehicle stream of this project.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, transportationtoronto said:

Actually it’s kinda old news. The total for the study was increased to 60 quite some time ago, so it follows that flyer’s share would increase to 20, as it will for the other two participants.

Someone else posted the tl;dr version in the sightings sub forum.

sorry to be a Debbie downer.