Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

HIRED The Skilled trade process

So since they've been a lot of bus operators information here. I thought it'd be great to do one for trades job at TTC. This is my timeline for the TTC Signals apprenticeship. 4 years of constantly apply to electrical apprentice jobs on the ttc website before I finally got in. I've done the substation entrance test before which consist of two test. One is a written test and the second is a pratical electronic test. 

March 23, 2018 - Applied on website 

May 5, 2018 - TTC entrance test (electronic base with a lot of circuitry and logic diagrams) 80% for a pass

June 7th, 2018 - Behavioral Interview (~ 18 questions, needs to be very specific. They look for buzz words)

July 20th, 2018 - References Called

August 27th, 2018 - Conditional Offer

September 25th, 2018 - training 

On 9/2/2018 at 1:51 PM, Sparky said:

So since they've been a lot of bus operators information here. I thought it'd be great to do one for trades job at TTC. This is my timeline for the TTC Signals apprenticeship. 4 years of constantly apply to electrical apprentice jobs on the ttc website before I finally got in. I've done the substation entrance test before which consist of two test. One is a written test and the second is a pratical electronic test. 

March 23, 2018 - Applied on website 

May 5, 2018 - TTC entrance test (electronic base with a lot of circuitry and logic diagrams) 80% for a pass

June 7th, 2018 - Behavioral Interview (~ 18 questions, needs to be very specific. They look for buzz words)

July 20th, 2018 - References Called

August 27th, 2018 - Conditional Offer

September 25th, 2018 - training 

You didnt have to do a medical test? police references?

On 2/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, Oatmeal said:

What is your educational background? I'm looking into this with no trade skills what so ever.

Honestly save up a few change, go to school for either carpentry, plumbing, hvac, welding, fabrication or even engineering. All you need is 1-2 years of schooling,Then get some experience anywhere that's willing to train you. If you end goal is ttc, or any major company. Keep applying, i can honestly say that there's no shortcuts, as long as you put in the time, the money will come.