Jump to content
Enviro_1203

2019 OC Transpo Nova LFS Order

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

@JCL

Are there any of the second batch of Novas at CityView?

It would appear so.  I saw 2 Novas in delivery on the 417 at hwy 138 this morning, one of them being 4698.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdgta2008 said:

It would appear so.  I saw 2 Novas in delivery on the 417 at hwy 138 this morning, one of them being 4698.

Did you happen to notice any prominent spec changes?

Was the drivers window the standard or updated high visibility style?

Were the tail lights small still or large?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

@JCL

Are there any of the second batch of Novas at CityView?

I actually haven't gone to City View there since the completion of the first order. But given the post below yours, I might begin heading over there to check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JCL said:

I actually haven't gone to City View there since the completion of the first order. But given the post below yours, I might begin heading over there to check. 

BTW, To avoid useless posts on here

I'll let you decide this time whether you want to share the photos with us or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whistler said:

Would be interesting to see if they changed the seating to the cushioned seats.

Depends. If it is a multi year contract, the specs could remain the same or some small changes here and there. And from what it looks like, they ordered the basic package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Depends. If it is a multi year contract, the specs could remain the same or some small changes here and there. And from what it looks like, they ordered the basic package.

Wasn't there a statement somewhere that said the current seats came about from a miscommunication and that the next batch would have the normal OC Transpo seats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

According to Jim Watson's statement on the LRT issues, 19 Nova buses will enter service on January 1st. https://jimwatsonottawa.ca/en/statement-from-mayor-watson-and-transit-commission-chair-allan-hubley-regarding-recent-lrt-issues/

Nowhere in that statement does it mention that the 19 buses will be Novas.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I happened to pass by City View about an hour ago. For the people that were asking, there were no Novas there, unless maybe they were inside one of the garage bays. There were 3 hybrids (with the advertising brackets removed from the side) and a D60LFR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

19 double deckers, 93 Novas coming...

My bad, thanks for the correction. I work so much I barely have time to look through all the threads to piece info together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

My bad, thanks for the correction. I work so much I barely have time to look through all the threads to piece info together.

Take a break, get some sleep, you're working too hard !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By chance I happened to find them at the Greyhound maintenance facility on Bantree Rd. A big batch of them from about 4687 to 4706 (probably not all inclusive I didn’t hang around to check every number).

Oddly enough 4602 was also there and covered with snow.

3A84205B-AEDE-4095-91BD-6D10D3FF89EC.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whistler said:

By chance I happened to find them at the Greyhound maintenance facility on Bantree Rd. A big batch of them from about 4687 to 4706 (probably not all inclusive I didn’t hang around to check every number).

Oddly enough 4602 was also there and covered with snow.

3A84205B-AEDE-4095-91BD-6D10D3FF89EC.jpeg

Very strange location for them to be! Nice find! Doesnt seem to be much difference except the vents at the rear. Did you notice anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't hang around too long or walk up to the buses, the only thing I noticed was one unit, on the back right side at the bottom there is a body panel that seems to be an access panel of some sort with a small vent. It is supposed to be red because of the maple leaf, but on one unit it was left white. I didn't see the fleet number on it but I will be passing by that area again in a little while and I'll try to make note.

Edit: What difference did you notice on the rear vents? I didn't catch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whistler said:

I didn't hang around too long or walk up to the buses, the only thing I noticed was one unit, on the back right side at the bottom there is a body panel that seems to be an access panel of some sort with a small vent. It is supposed to be red because of the maple leaf, but on one unit it was left white. I didn't see the fleet number on it but I will be passing by that area again in a little while and I'll try to make note.

Edit: What difference did you notice on the rear vents? I didn't catch it.

I think that white piece was 4602

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

I think that white piece was 4602

You're right, it was 4602.

I see now what you mean about the rear vent on the bottom left side... circular/large on the new ones, smaller/rectangular on the older ones.

Fleet numbers at Greyhound: 

New order: 4706, 4685, 4696, 4695, 4715, 4697, 4692, 4719, 4703, 4701, 4690, 4693, 4687, 4689, 4688

Ones there from prev order: 4602, 4634

Also the seats on the new ones LOOK the same as the seats from the older order, without padding, but hard to tell from outside.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, whistler said:

You're right, it was 4602.

I see now what you mean about the rear vent on the bottom left side... circular/large on the new ones, smaller/rectangular on the older ones.

Fleet numbers at Greyhound: 

New order: 4706, 4685, 4696, 4695, 4715, 4697, 4692, 4719, 4703, 4701, 4690, 4693, 4687, 4689, 4688

Ones there from prev order: 4602, 4634

Also the seats on the new ones LOOK the same as the seats from the older order, without padding, but hard to tell from outside.

Also look above the tail lights...

F42F8422-C68D-4411-BD14-132A865E2293.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, whistler said:

By chance I happened to find them at the Greyhound maintenance facility on Bantree Rd. A big batch of them from about 4687 to 4706 (probably not all inclusive I didn’t hang around to check every number).

Oddly enough 4602 was also there and covered with snow.

3A84205B-AEDE-4095-91BD-6D10D3FF89EC.jpeg

Nice find! Thank you for posting - it would explain why I didn't see any of them at City View. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, Enviro_1203 said:

Did you happen to notice any prominent spec changes?

Was the drivers window the standard or updated high visibility style?

Were the tail lights small still or large?

 

3 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Also look above the tail lights...

F42F8422-C68D-4411-BD14-132A865E2293.jpeg

Another noticable change is the presence of a single fan on the rear driverside. (Which appers is not on the first batch) (photo from @SDGBusFan )

P_20190705_162458_p.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a zoomed in version of my photo that shows the change better.

I wonder what changed to require more vents? Is that a Nova change or something OC Transpo asked for?

596A3411-F658-4AFA-8DFD-C4CB2C61FEAC.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spotted 4722 and 4727 on Walkley Rd. They were turning onto Sheffield, so probably heading to the spot on Bantree. They both seemed to have their bike racks on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...