Jump to content
Enviro_1203

2019 Nova LFS Order

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Here are 3 photos I have received of the new Novas...

E15EE3BA-F71A-4682-8307-C6626798FD2A.jpeg

A23A8DA7-37F5-4DBF-9BAC-A401119D9DD8.jpeg

A5298772-FEBA-4F51-900C-A1254AE6C875.jpeg

In the interior photos did you happen to notice what kind of next stop display they had, since the new TTC one have an LCD display as opposed to the regular LED one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charlie said:

In the interior photos did you happen to notice what kind of next stop display they had, since the new TTC one have an LCD display as opposed to the regular LED one.

I believe same as current

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Here are 3 photos I have received of the new Novas...

E15EE3BA-F71A-4682-8307-C6626798FD2A.jpeg

A23A8DA7-37F5-4DBF-9BAC-A401119D9DD8.jpeg

A5298772-FEBA-4F51-900C-A1254AE6C875.jpeg

Nice to see!

So from what I gather, 4601, 4602, and 4607 are ready to go?

I find that the maple leaf at the back resembles the Classics more so than the D60LF/Rs. I will say that the back looks odd because it's not painted all red like our current buses. I do have mixed feelings about the two curves on the side. 

Does anybody know why OC went with ZF transmissions instead of Allison?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Nice to see!

So from what I gather, 4601, 4602, and 4607 are ready to go?

I find that the maple leaf at the back resembles the Classics more so than the D60LF/Rs. I will say that the back looks odd because it's not painted all red like our current buses. I do have mixed feelings about the two curves on the side. 

Does anybody know why OC went with ZF transmissions instead of Allison?

I find the rear where its red resembles the 63xx

Also note, the only paint on the bus is white. The livery is all vinyl decals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad for an updated livery. Still wish KFC would return...would have been a fitting tribute to the original 97xx Nova LFSes, lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

I still have mixed feelings about the livery although it'll probably end up growing on me, but wow that's a nice (couple of) shiny bus(es). Thank you for sharing!

Agreed. At least you'd have a new profile picture to put up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

I still have mixed feelings about the livery although it'll probably end up growing on me, but wow that's a nice (couple of) shiny bus(es). Thank you for sharing!

Same feeling. I don’t dislike it, but the other one was really so good that it didn’t need to be changed. When the old stripe livery got replaced in the late 90s/early 2000s it was very stale. The current leaf livery still looked great. The new one looks good too but hard to say if I like it more or less than what we already have.

Positive notes is that it matches the LRT a bit more and it looks close enough to the old leaf livery that the buses they don’t repaint won’t look too out of place.

Interesting it still has the older style driver window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the bigger side Destination sign.

The thing that confuses me is that the DDs have a big (16x120 pixel) side sign yet they are programmed as the smaller 8x96 signs. Hopefully they’ll update the DDs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Nice to see!

So from what I gather, 4601, 4602, and 4607 are ready to go?

I find that the maple leaf at the back resembles the Classics more so than the D60LF/Rs. I will say that the back looks odd because it's not painted all red like our current buses. I do have mixed feelings about the two curves on the side. 

Does anybody know why OC went with ZF transmissions instead of Allison?

I'm honestly curious about the change from Allisons to ZF's as well...however, as I drive Ecolifes all day in Oz, they are MILES better than Allison could ever manage. Literally and figuratively. Fuel economy and emissions are heaps better, and the overall operation is amazing. Not to mention, Allison only came up with LBSS (Load based shift scheduling) as a result of ZF's Topodyn set-up. Ally's are great for high speeds between stops, but ZF's blow them away everywhere else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone not paying attention to the bus spotting thread, it looks like at least 4601 is in Ottawa now, since it was spotted by a user on Ogilvie this AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, whistler said:

For anyone not paying attention to the bus spotting thread, it looks like at least 4601 is in Ottawa now, since it was spotted by a user on Ogilvie this AM.

So the real questions are:

1. When will be it’s first day of service?

2. Out of which garage?

3. Does it have an arm rest?

4. When will Enviro_1203 send me a text message that he’s driving it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a list of the new Novabus LFSs. I will update this list as much as I can.

green = active + date of the first spotting

yellow = delivered

red = not yet seen active

  • 4601 - Entered Service on April 23rd
  • 4602 - Entered Service on April 22nd
  • 4603 - Entered Service on April 18th 
  • 4604 - Entered Service on April 23rd
  • 4605 - Entered Service on April 25th
  • 4606 - Entered Service on April 3rd 
  • 4607 - Entered Service on April 4th
  • 4608 - Entered Service on April 3rd 
  • 4609 - Entered Service on April 3rd
Edited by STO_1601
All units are in service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Here's a list of the new Novabus LFSs. I will update this list has much as I can.

green = active + date of the first spotting

yellow = delivered

red = not yet seen active

  • 4601 - Delivered
  • 4602 - Not yet seen active
  • 4603 - Not yet seen active
  • 4604 - Not yet seen active
  • 4605 - Not yet seen active
  • 4606 - Not yet seen active
  • 4607 - Not yet seen active
  • 4608 - Not yet seen active
  • 4609 - Not yet seen active

No one stated it was delivered. It is not at any OC property...best I can say is it was delivered to a vendor (unknown which one) for PDI and final preparations before being officially delivered to OC. The individual who posted the photo of the bus on Ogilvie, I have never seen any of their posts before and the photo doesn’t clearly show the bus in Ottawa, just that its an OC Nova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Are there any Novas delivered to the garage yet?

4602 and another Nova was spotted today.

Not likely, they are going to vendor for PDI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Not likely, they are going to vendor for PDI

This might be a stupid question, but what does PDI stand for? I have a guess but just not sure as it could mean a couple different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie said:

This might be a stupid question, but what does PDI stand for? I have a guess but just not sure as it could mean a couple different things.

Pre delivery inspection, starting with the hybrids back in 2009, OC has contracted all PDI and final equipment set up (radio, farebox, smartbus etc) to vendors so that the buses are 100% road ready the day they arrive on property. Though, with the Novas, like the double deckers, operators and mechanics will require training in advance of service use.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Pre delivery inspection, starting with the hybrids back in 2009, OC has contracted all PDI and final equipment set up (radio, farebox, smartbus etc) to vendors so that the buses are 100% road ready the day they arrive on property. Though, with the Novas, like the double deckers, operators and mechanics will require training in advance of service use.

Do you know what the benefit for having an off-site contractor complete these tasks is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Do you know what the benefit for having an off-site contractor complete these tasks is?

Couldnt tell you, I havent thr slightest clue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Charlie said:

Do you know what the benefit for having an off-site contractor complete these tasks is?

It’s probably cheaper than doing it in house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, CanadaGoose said:

3. Does it have an arm rest?

The question that will change the course of humanity as we know it. 

Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw two Novas heading down 417 toward Ottawa, in the Casselman area. Only caught them last minute and just managed this crappy pic, didn’t see unit number. Looks like 4607 or maybe 4609?

40654E9A-A018-4787-9161-C436ADB88453.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...