2019 OC Transpo Nova LFS Order

4 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

Metaphoric? They're with a hybrid that they'll probably replace.

they are replacing  Inviros that are not in the best shape, the hybrids are leaving because they are a surplus bus after LRT opens

3 minutes ago, Michel said:

Bizarre spotting this morning at 11:30 AM.  4617 going westbound on the 401 in Brockville which is in the opposite direction of Ottawa.  Still had the plastic wrap at the front and signed up "10 Rideau".

Could have been going to toronto for the OTE

• Thanks 1

Now that I am seeing these in the flesh alongside the older buses I really like the new livery.

It is different enough to look fresh and new but not so different that it looks like a different transit system or out of place next to the older buses. Looks right at home parked next to a row of Invero, Orion VII, and D60LF etc.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:15 PM, Bus_Medic said:

That’s a faraday product, same company that made the old electro mechanical chime.

They’ve long, long since ceased production and support of those, I guess retroschool missed the memo.

According to this thread it appears the old Faraday bells stopped being produced in 2008:

What's the name of the company that manufactures the Faraday brand and where are they located?

I've ridden 4607 and 4609 now, and noticed something kind of interesting. On 4607, the stop requested sign says "Stop Requested" (English only), and the rear one says "Arret Demande / Next Stop". On 4609, both front and rear say the bilingual version. 

The following units are at City View:

4610*, 4611*,  4613 (licence plate installed), 4615, 4621*, 4623*, 4625*

* = New arrivals this week, pre-delivered.

I did take pictures, but will post only on request.

The updated windows have a problem. The passengers sitting directly behind the driver cannot see outside on the left side as they left a huge stretch of wall between the new driver's window and the first passenger left side window.

3 hours ago, Orion V said:

The updated windows have a problem. The passengers sitting directly behind the driver cannot see outside on the left side as they left a huge stretch of wall between the new driver's window and the first passenger left side window.

It isn't a problem. They simply moved the pillar back. Driver safety is also important. Passengers are not on the bus for long anyways.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:26 AM, TTC 9701 said:

It isn't a problem. They simply moved the pillar back. Driver safety is also important. Passengers are not on the bus for long anyways.

Yeah maybe not in Toronto, Ottawa is a different story...

Also, from last night

20190414_201413.jpg

• Like 1