2019 OC Transpo Nova LFS Order

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

STO bells above 11XX sound like this (the same as the STM) 

*SKIP TO 9:20* 

I've been on the STO 10XX and they have that bell sound too.

I've been on the STO 08XX and they have the old bell sound.

Which leads to what bell sound the STO 09XX have?

Took a short drive on 4601 today.

There is a single beep when the rear door is activated, and another when it is opened by the passenger. Just a single beep if opened by the operator. The rear doors are currently timed to stay open for about a second longer than the other buses, though it feels like an eternity longer.

Much like the double-deckers, the parking brake must be activated in order for the kneel and ramp to work. A neat (though useless) feature is the ramp automatically activates the hazard lights when deployment begins and turns them off when stowed.

Similar to the 8100s double-deckers, there is a feature where after the bus is stopped for half a second, a "secondary brake" (someone have a better or actual term?) kicks in. However, unlike the 8100s, this "secondary brake" releases smoothly without the jolting.

The bell chime is the same as the articulated and pre-4440 buses, though the housing looks like the STO's.

The seat behind the bus operator is rock hard, whereas the other seats on the bus have some padding, particularly the co-operative seating area seats, which are also fold-down seats. The co-operative seating area and aisle is actually very open, likely because the backrest of the seats are mounted to the wall.

I also foresee lots of operators banging their knees on the farebox getting out of the seat. The seatbelt buckle is on the left. Otherwise, it's a nice bus for now!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Similar to the 8100s double-deckers, there is a feature where after the bus is stopped for half a second, a "secondary brake" (someone have a better or actual term?) kicks in. However, unlike the 8100s, this "secondary brake" releases smoothly without the jolting.

I was always under the impression this was the transmission shifting down into neutral to "save fuel", and the jolt was due to a delay in shifting back into gear.

57 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

I guess so. No jolting on the Novas! Just a loud "pschft."

That’s an extra electrically applied air valve acting on the brake interlock, similar to cycling the rear doors. Set to apply after a predetermined (customer specified) time following no activity from the speedo signal (transmission output sensor specifically) it allows the operator to give their foot a rest at a red light, for instance.

An approximately 5 psi service brake application will cancel it and release the brake.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Took a short drive on 4601 today.

There is a single beep when the rear door is activated, and another when it is opened by the passenger. Just a single beep if opened by the operator. The rear doors are currently timed to stay open for about a second longer than the other buses, though it feels like an eternity longer.

Much like the double-deckers, the parking brake must be activated in order for the kneel and ramp to work. A neat (though useless) feature is the ramp automatically activates the hazard lights when deployment begins and turns them off when stowed.

The bell chime is the same as the articulated and pre-4440 buses, though the housing looks like the STO's.

The seat behind the bus operator is rock hard, whereas the other seats on the bus have some padding, particularly the co-operative seating area seats, which are also fold-down seats. The co-operative seating area and aisle is actually very open, likely because the backrest of the seats are mounted to the wall.

I also foresee lots of operators banging their knees on the farebox getting out of the seat. The seatbelt buckle is on the left. Otherwise, it's a nice bus for now!

All seats are rock hard except the cooperative seating ones.

52 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

I'm just curious when they put licence plates on new bus are the plates new or do they re-use plates from retired buses? Also do they put stickers(colour/month like personal plates) as well or its just plates?

New plates with sticker

At one point it was common for the city to re-use plates and transfer them from old buses to new buses (they also did that with police cars). Now they seem to always put on new plates which is probably more convenient than keeping track of which plate to transfer to which vehicle, and also the newer plates in Ontario don’t seem to last as long as the old ones did (new plates fade and peel a lot faster than they did in the 70s-90s).

Nowadays it isn’t uncommon for plates to be replaced before the bus is replaced, because the original plate fades or paint peels off, so one bus can have 2-3 different plate numbers in it’s life.

I've been advised that four Nova LFS should be entering revenue service today -- 4606 to 4609.

They are restricted to four specific runs out of St. Laurent Garage (three of them are morning runs, one is an afternoon run). I will NOT be disclosing what runs they are. But keep your eyes out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JCL said:

I've been advised that four Nova LFS should be entering revenue service today -- 4606 to 4609.

They are restricted to four specific runs out of St. Laurent Garage (three of them are morning runs, one is an afternoon run). I will NOT be disclosing what runs they are. But keep your eyes out.

Just saw a 91 Orléans coming out of Dominion.

https://otttransit.ca/paddle/OC_Transpo/6647838

2 minutes ago, OCCheetos said:

I think it was at 8[:00]

the 8 isn't a route anymore!

https://old.reddit.com/r/ottawa/comments/b8x295/new_novabus_spotted_at_750ish_this_morning_at_st/ek0ma5t/

You're right, there goes me misreading and then trusting Reddit about a bus I didn't think we had. Seems like YanikPaulPaquette is talking about the 24.

• Like 1