2019 OC Transpo Nova LFS Order

This article has been added to the news section on octranspo.com:

Introducing Nova buses

As part of our 2018 budget, we will be adding a total of 82 Nova Low Floor Series (LFS) buses to our fleet starting April 3, 2019. In order to improve our services, we continue to invest in and modernize our buses. This is the first step in replacing a total of 320 buses over the next four years as part of our regular lifecycle replacement program.

The Nova LFS is built by Nova Bus, a manufacturing company based out of Saint-Eustache, Quebec. Although this vehicle is new to OC Transpo, you may have seen it as part of Gatineau’s STO fleet. It has been a proven model in many other Canadian cities such as Toronto and Vancouver.

The new buses offer better fuel economy and accessibility features. Your trip on a Nova bus will include easy to fold down/flip up seating in the area for mobility devices and LED signs that display the next stop for rear facing customers.

In addition, all Nova’s are equipped with:

• Bike racks
  • Automatic passenger counters
  • 5 on-board cameras for increased safety and security
  • Fire suppression systems
  • Tire pressure monitoring systems
  • Larger curbside destination signs for better readability

Nova buses are designed to provide a safe and comfortable ride to your destination. Keep an eye out for new Nova buses serving bus stops near you!

The Nova LFS is built by Nova Bus, a manufacturing company based out of Saint-Eustache, Quebec. Although this vehicle is new to OC Transpo, you may have seen it as part of Gatineau’s STO fleet. It has been a proven model in many other Canadian cities such as Toronto and Vancouver.

?

4 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Interesting? It states this is replacwement over 4 years to replace 320 buses.

Does this mean that OC will be buying more buss be it Nova or some one else for 2020-2022?

I do not have confirmation on this. But my impression is that when OC Transpo secured the order for 82 buses with Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative (in which Metrolinx awarded the contact with Nova Bus until March 2020), there must be option orders incorporated in the contract that was associated with the purchase 82 units, should they need to purchase additional forty-foot (40 ft.) low floor buses. 

In my post on February 6 (https://cptdb.ca/topic/7639-goa-transit-news-info-etc/?page=138&tab=comments#comment-839485), OC will be purchasing 91 new buses as part of the 2019 budget. I suspect they will be Nova LFS.

These are just my thoughts. 

13 hours ago, JCL said:

I do not have confirmation on this. But my impression is that when OC Transpo secured the order for 82 buses with Metrolinx Transit Procurement Initiative (in which Metrolinx awarded the contact with Nova Bus until March 2020), there must be option orders incorporated in the contract that was associated with the purchase 82 units, should they need to purchase additional forty-foot (40 ft.) low floor buses. 

In my post on February 6 (https://cptdb.ca/topic/7639-goa-transit-news-info-etc/?page=138&tab=comments#comment-839485), OC will be purchasing 91 new buses as part of the 2019 budget. I suspect they will be Nova LFS.

These are just my thoughts. 

So 91 new buses. I'm guessing by that time more Invero's will be retired? I'm assuming? or will the 91 buses be more or less replacing the Orion VII's?

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

So 91 new buses. I'm guessing by that time more Invero's will be retired? I'm assuming? or will the 91 buses be more or less replacing the Orion VII's?

The invero’s are coming to the end of their working life in the next few years.

10 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

The breakdown of the 91 new buses: 79 units are for replacement (retired Inveros); 12 units are growth.

23 hours ago, whistler said:

I love how quiet these buses are. I haven’t ridden in one but a few have gone by me in the street and they are whisper quiet compared to the booming Inveros you hear a block away.

Can't stand the noise of Inveroes. I feel bad for the drivers who are constantly exposed to that level of noise for long periods of time.

• Thanks 1