2019 OC Transpo Nova LFS Order

34 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Here are 3 photos I have received of the new Novas...

E15EE3BA-F71A-4682-8307-C6626798FD2A.jpeg

A23A8DA7-37F5-4DBF-9BAC-A401119D9DD8.jpeg

A5298772-FEBA-4F51-900C-A1254AE6C875.jpeg

In the interior photos did you happen to notice what kind of next stop display they had, since the new TTC one have an LCD display as opposed to the regular LED one.

48 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Here are 3 photos I have received of the new Novas...

E15EE3BA-F71A-4682-8307-C6626798FD2A.jpeg

A23A8DA7-37F5-4DBF-9BAC-A401119D9DD8.jpeg

A5298772-FEBA-4F51-900C-A1254AE6C875.jpeg

Nice to see!

So from what I gather, 4601, 4602, and 4607 are ready to go?

I find that the maple leaf at the back resembles the Classics more so than the D60LF/Rs. I will say that the back looks odd because it's not painted all red like our current buses. I do have mixed feelings about the two curves on the side. 

Does anybody know why OC went with ZF transmissions instead of Allison?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Nice to see!

I find that the maple leaf at the back resembles the Classics more so than the D60LF/Rs. I will say that the back looks odd because it's not painted all red like our current buses. I do have mixed feelings about the two curves on the side. 

I find the rear where its red resembles the 63xx

Also note, the only paint on the bus is white. The livery is all vinyl decals

16 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

I still have mixed feelings about the livery although it'll probably end up growing on me, but wow that's a nice (couple of) shiny bus(es). Thank you for sharing!

Same feeling. I don’t dislike it, but the other one was really so good that it didn’t need to be changed. When the old stripe livery got replaced in the late 90s/early 2000s it was very stale. The current leaf livery still looked great. The new one looks good too but hard to say if I like it more or less than what we already have.

Positive notes is that it matches the LRT a bit more and it looks close enough to the old leaf livery that the buses they don’t repaint won’t look too out of place.

Interesting it still has the older style driver window.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Nice to see!

I'm honestly curious about the change from Allisons to ZF's as well...however, as I drive Ecolifes all day in Oz, they are MILES better than Allison could ever manage. Literally and figuratively. Fuel economy and emissions are heaps better, and the overall operation is amazing. Not to mention, Allison only came up with LBSS (Load based shift scheduling) as a result of ZF's Topodyn set-up. Ally's are great for high speeds between stops, but ZF's blow them away everywhere else.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, whistler said:

For anyone not paying attention to the bus spotting thread, it looks like at least 4601 is in Ottawa now, since it was spotted by a user on Ogilvie this AM.

So the real questions are:

1. When will be it’s first day of service?

2. Out of which garage?

3. Does it have an arm rest?

4. When will Enviro_1203 send me a text message that he’s driving it?

• Haha 1

Here's a list of the new Novabus LFSs. I will update this list as much as I can.

green = active + date of the first spotting

yellow = delivered

red = not yet seen active

• 4601 - Entered Service on April 23rd
  • 4602 - Entered Service on April 22nd
  • 4603 - Entered Service on April 18th 
  • 4604 - Entered Service on April 23rd
  • 4605 - Entered Service on April 25th
  • 4606 - Entered Service on April 3rd 
  • 4607 - Entered Service on April 4th
  • 4608 - Entered Service on April 3rd 
  • 4609 - Entered Service on April 3rd
Edited by STO_1601
All units are in service!

51 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Here's a list of the new Novabus LFSs. I will update this list has much as I can.

green = active + date of the first spotting

yellow = delivered

red = not yet seen active

• 4601 - Delivered
  • 4602 - Not yet seen active
  • 4603 - Not yet seen active
  • 4604 - Not yet seen active
  • 4605 - Not yet seen active
  • 4606 - Not yet seen active
  • 4607 - Not yet seen active
  • 4608 - Not yet seen active
  • 4609 - Not yet seen active

No one stated it was delivered. It is not at any OC property...best I can say is it was delivered to a vendor (unknown which one) for PDI and final preparations before being officially delivered to OC. The individual who posted the photo of the bus on Ogilvie, I have never seen any of their posts before and the photo doesn’t clearly show the bus in Ottawa, just that its an OC Nova.

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

This might be a stupid question, but what does PDI stand for? I have a guess but just not sure as it could mean a couple different things.

Pre delivery inspection, starting with the hybrids back in 2009, OC has contracted all PDI and final equipment set up (radio, farebox, smartbus etc) to vendors so that the buses are 100% road ready the day they arrive on property. Though, with the Novas, like the double deckers, operators and mechanics will require training in advance of service use.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Pre delivery inspection, starting with the hybrids back in 2009, OC has contracted all PDI and final equipment set up (radio, farebox, smartbus etc) to vendors so that the buses are 100% road ready the day they arrive on property. Though, with the Novas, like the double deckers, operators and mechanics will require training in advance of service use.

Do you know what the benefit for having an off-site contractor complete these tasks is?