ANIME-AND-BUSES

Anybody bought a bus from an auction?

So, I'm trying to learn about buying a bus from an online auction. I've learned that some auction houses will auction transit buses as "Dealer Only", but there is a way to go around that.

I'm hearing that I could hire a proxy bidder who has a dealer license, but I'm not sure who could that be exactly. I'm guessing that means to ask a truck dealership to go on my behalf to an auction,

but I'm still not so sure about it. Is anybody who bought their transit bus from an auction willing to share their experience?

On 7/4/2018 at 1:58 AM, ANIME-AND-BUSES said:

So, I'm trying to learn about buying a bus from an online auction. I've learned that some auction houses will auction transit buses as "Dealer Only", but there is a way to go around that.

I'm hearing that I could hire a proxy bidder who has a dealer license, but I'm not sure who could that be exactly. I'm guessing that means to ask a truck dealership to go on my behalf to an auction,

but I'm still not so sure about it. Is anybody who bought their transit bus from an auction willing to share their experience?

What do you want it for?

They are pretty expensive to maintain, register, and insure.

Plus, most retired buses sold at auction are generally beat to hell.

18 hours ago, DD453T said:

What do you want it for?

They are pretty expensive to maintain, register, and insure.

Plus, most retired buses sold at auction are generally beat to hell.

I'd to preserve a bus from a transit agency in the future.

If you don't mind having a highway coach, a certain busing group just had a couple hundred of their buses go through the auction at Ritche Bros. in Edmonton and by the sounds of it they'll have a couple hundred more come October.  No dealer licence required.

• Like 1