Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

News to me.

I use to ride them on #38 and 95E and they would constantly bottom out on the hills between STC and UTSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, Orion VI said:

dead links

I removed it because I want to make the video quality a bit better. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A divine bus returns to Scarborough Centre full time on a nine-day old 199 FINCH ROCKET (formerly the 39C/E FINCH EAST EXPRESS) service. #7039 is seen here picking up passengers on October 21, 2010.

ACtC-3cFEtxdljaLtRtIU-kNSIu35gplGitCnW2vZpR2sfo8xmEd_EspT2PF73N-0_wM75xdxOuYn_uXRIjVL5-513yAaNOnQ9JZdLR2OBeW2kzBYbmyNBguojcT2za2HttxQR1K8y8IX88UaynJTUWAPdql=w628-h471-no?authuser=0

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Express Network said:

A divine bus returns to Scarborough Centre full time on a nine-day old 199 FINCH ROCKET (formerly the 39C/E FINCH EAST EXPRESS) service. #7039 is seen here picking up passengers on October 21, 2010.

ACtC-3cFEtxdljaLtRtIU-kNSIu35gplGitCnW2vZpR2sfo8xmEd_EspT2PF73N-0_wM75xdxOuYn_uXRIjVL5-513yAaNOnQ9JZdLR2OBeW2kzBYbmyNBguojcT2za2HttxQR1K8y8IX88UaynJTUWAPdql=w628-h471-no?authuser=0

 

Those where really fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who need in the know, anyone here should edit the wiki since I found the entry dates for these vehicles dated April 2000 (shout out to Fleet Manager, whoever ran it):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010603205821/http://fleetmanager.tripod.com/BusList.pdf

Notably, #1001 entered service on July 28, 1998.

Orion V buses #7014 and #7023 were the first Orion V lifts to enter service out of Arrow Road on July 8, 1996 with #7034 the last on September 10. Those were found on the 36, 46, 60, 84, 106 and 108. Malvern's #7079, #7084, #7085, #7088, #7098, #7099, and #7101 entered service on August 2, 1996 which they ran on the 21, 39, 53, 57, and 85.

#9414, a CNG, also entered service on November 25, 1996.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Express Network said:

For those who need in the know, anyone here should edit the wiki since I found the entry dates for these vehicles dated April 2000 (shout out to Fleet Manager, whoever ran it):
https://web.archive.org/web/20010603205821/http://fleetmanager.tripod.com/BusList.pdf

Notably, #1001 entered service on July 28, 1998.

Orion V buses #7014 and #7023 were the first Orion V lifts to enter service out of Arrow Road on July 8, 1996 with #7034 the last on September 10. Those were found on the 36, 46, 60, 84, 106 and 108. Malvern's #7079, #7084, #7085, #7088, #7098, #7099, and #7101 entered service on August 2, 1996 which they ran on the 21, 39, 53, 57, and 85.

#9414, a CNG, also entered service on November 25, 1996.

 

You left out quite a few buses there :lol:

Good link, though. Thanks for sharing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went through this thread - surprised no ones reminiscing or missing the D40's. The originals, not the LF's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, armorand said:

Just went through this thread - surprised no ones reminiscing or missing the D40's. The originals, not the LF's.

I was thinking that this should be a highfloor one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, armorand said:

Just went through this thread - surprised no ones reminiscing or missing the D40's. The originals, not the LF's.

Hmm, the D40s always seemed to "fly" below the radar. I don't recall many strong feelings about them, good or bad -- even among (New) Flyer devotées in Queensway territory. Obviously, others feel free to weigh in.

Each order was slightly different and visibly so -- in my mind, that made it hard to think of all D40s as a single fleet. Each set of ~60-70 units felt like a "one-off". The last batch in 1990 (6560-6638) had Cummins engines and powerful A/C plants; those had a bit of a following.

I found a few photos (ca 2007) in my archive:

Here is 6454 on her way to the Expo grounds. Generally at this point their lives, they only came near Downtown on shuttles or streetcar replacement services:

TTC6454R.thumb.JPG.e8f9266c7d4824b279e7cabe26931a09.JPG

Ah yes, a far more typical sight -- departing a subway station at the outer reaches of the system. On a relaxed Saturday morning, 6500 sets out from Royal York station for points north:

TTC6500T.thumb.JPG.d9afb4000225fb51a48e7b88633182ed.JPG

Moments later, 6504 delivers yet another quintessential scene. Here she is arriving at Royal York subway after a short trip on Route 76. Doesn't get any more Queensway than that!

TTC6504Q.thumb.JPG.61331ede856f2d802fecc792f2e3005e.JPG

(incidentally, this is one of my very favourite pictures in my whole collection!)

Enjoy!

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...