Similar to the GM fleet reminiscing, I created this thread to share the memories and photos of your experience with the TTC's non-GM Fishbowl fleet prior to 2002 such as Classics, Flyers, New Flyers, Orions (I, II, III, V, VI and pre-refurbished VII), and NovaBUS RTS.

If anyone has photos prior to December 31, 2016, feel free to post your old photos from old shoe boxes, slides, even library microfiche or whatever is there. Just don't claim that they are your own if they are not. 

The following photos are sampled below from my collection:

TTC 1998 NovaBUS RTS-06 WFD #7232 TTC 1996 Orion V #7051 TTC 1996 Orion V #7133 TTC 1999 New Flyer D40LF #7342

Thanks to @Grapejuice for this inspiration for this thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Jeffrey said:

Leaving Wellesley station, summer 1996. 

TTC 8470.jpg

For a second there I thought it was the A/C unit. time is flying from when I knew right away. Danforth ever have 8477-8486? I don't recall them on Danforth routes. Lake Shore wasn't far from Danforth Garage if some units made it over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D40-90 said:

For a second there I thought it was the A/C unit. time is flying from when I knew right away. Danforth ever have 8477-8486? I don't recall them on Danforth routes. Lake Shore wasn't far from Danforth Garage if some units made it over.

I'ts been awhile and don't recall any myself, although I did catch TTC 8484  on Bay Street, July 1996

TTC 8484.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I'ts been awhile and don't recall any myself, although I did catch TTC 8484  on Bay Street, July 1996

TTC 8484.jpg

If 6 Bay was a Danforth route after the trolley coaches were retired, yes I also caught the 'luxury' Flyers on Bay a few times in the 1990s. I suspect prior to the summer of '93.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few from the archives. All from 2000.

A rare shot of an RTS at Kennedy STN during that short period when the 57 Midland was out of Danforth division. 

A 1996 Orion V CNG at Downsview on the 105 just before they changed it to "Dufferin North".

A 1990 Orion V CNG on the 104 serving Wilmington Avenue where the route no longer runs.

UlsN6aR.jpg

yCwu55k.jpg

aR8Oy1p.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

A few from the archives. All from 2000.

A rare shot of an RTS at Kennedy STN during that short period when the 57 Midland was out of Danforth division. 

A 1996 Orion V CNG at Downsview on the 105 just before they changed it to "Dufferin North".

A 1990 Orion V CNG on the 104 serving Wilmington Avenue where the route no longer runs.

UlsN6aR.jpg

yCwu55k.jpg

aR8Oy1p.jpg

Any more of these pics like this my friend? Looks nice.

I amended post #1 to include the Orion VII buses prior to rebuilt. Anyone has pictures of the pre-rebuilt VIIs are welcomed to post. This one is from August 2010 as #7519 operates on the 134 PROGRESS, interlined with the 43B KENNEDY (The interline was introduced in November 2008 and cancelled in May 2011 due to cuts).

TTC 2004 Orion VII #7519

And more posts like no other:

TTC 1996 Orion V #7092

TTC 1996 Orion V #7040

• Like 2

Sure. 

1. The last day of the 12C Kingston Rd. Kingston Rd @ Morningside. This is rare because it was travelling in this direction in service. The 12C only looped in one way via Kingston, collinsgrove, Lawrence and down Kingston. Valentine's Day 1999. Look at the gas price!???

2. Brand new D40LF at Kennedy STN. Summer 2000.

ioOhglJ.jpg

b1LNExW.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

Sure. 

1. The last day of the 12C Kingston Rd. Kingston Rd @ Morningside. This is rare because it was travelling in this direction in service. The 12C only looped in one way via Kingston, collinsgrove, Lawrence and down Kingston. Valentine's Day 1999. Look at the gas price!???

ioOhglJ.jpg

b1LNExW.jpg

Your images and descriptions have been swapped! LOL =-D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

Sure. 

ioOhglJ.jpg

b1LNExW.jpg

Collinsgrove, my old stomping grounds! Up until around 2010 the bus stops still existed, however, the pads for the bus stops still remain.

• Like 1

Couple more.

2 year old 1996 Orion V on the old 128. Post snowpacalypse 1999?

Rare shot of a less than 1 year old RTS at Scarborough Town Center during AM rush. Not sure why it was there. That rush hour was messed up. The RT was out and I waited nearly 30 mins for the 128 to show up. That day was so cold it's a wonder I didn't get frostbite when I took this.?

rYGxsOAh.jpg

0DstUAah.jpg

7 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

Collinsgrove, my old stomping grounds! Up until around 2010 the bus stops still existed, however, the pads for the bus stops still remain.

I didn't know the stops and pads were there then. I still miss that route. Speaking of pads, the old 114 Kingston Rd East bus stop pads are still on coronation dr. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 7:53 PM, Downsview 108 said:

I didn't know the stops and pads were there then. I still miss that route. Speaking of pads, the old 114 Kingston Rd East bus stop pads are still on coronation dr. 

That's because the 86D still serves Coronation.

• 1 month later...