Problems uploading photos

23 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

if your talking about the other photos i uploaded, i gave them credits. but i was trying to upload my Canon T5 photos

Just because you gave them credits, doesn't mean the original owners gave you permission to lift them from the website and post them. Credit must be given WITH permission first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...

Hey there, new bug on the wiki I found and it is really starting to piss me off quite a bit. It seems any photo with a "gif" extension with any change to the size of the image (let's say, from 350px → 283px) or a upload of a gif file results in this.... Can any admin fix this ASAP please?

Annotation 2019-10-01 190357.png

4 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Hey there, new bug on the wiki I found and it is really starting to piss me off quite a bit. It seems any photo with a "gif" extension with any change to the size of the image (let's say, from 350px → 283px) or a upload of a gif file results in this.... Can any admin fix this ASAP please?

Annotation 2019-10-01 190357.png

Hmm, this is interesting behaviour. I looked into it a bit tonight and it does look like it tries to generate the GIF but just comes back with a blank. I will have to look into this further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, A. Wong said:

Hmm, this is interesting behaviour. I looked into it a bit tonight and it does look like it tries to generate the GIF but just comes back with a blank. I will have to look into this further.

Spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting but still can't determine why this is happening. I've asked the MediaWiki support desk to see if anyone has further ideas. Otherwise the workaround is to not use GIF files and use other file formats such as PNG or JPG.

• Sad 1