Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

bus is coming 1965

Winnipeg Transit 300-369 (2018 XD40)

On 5/10/2018 at 7:54 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

I just spotted 300 going south on Pembina at Windermere. Looked pretty much the same as any other XD40

Wait so the new buses finally arrived? Finally they're in the 300s

The priior 300 series were the MCIs from 1988 and marked the last time WT bought non- NF rolling stock.

Do we know how many buses this year's order is for? #300-3??

And can we change the title of this thread to something like:

Winnipeg Transit 300-369 (2018 XD40)

?

58 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Do we know how many buses this year's order is for? #300-3??

And can we change the title of this thread to something like:

Winnipeg Transit 300-3?? (2018 XD40)

?

It’s 70 buses 

This is not my picture.  It was taken by Brian Shuff.  I am told it was taken Thursday (which I assume is Thursday 17 May 2018) in Pembina, North Dakota.

pembinaND-CWTS300xd40-BrianShuff2018may17.thumb.jpg.82263c3f6dbe03dda57fe175eff8d744.jpg Thursday 17 May 2018 (Brian Shuff)

The idea of Winnipeg Transit in Pembina, North Dakota, amuses me.  Longest 60 Pembina bus route, ever!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DavidW said:

This is not my picture.  It was taken by Brian Shuff.  I am told it was taken Thursday (which I assume is Thursday 17 May 2018) in Pembina, North Dakota.

pembinaND-CWTS300xd40-BrianShuff2018may17.thumb.jpg.82263c3f6dbe03dda57fe175eff8d744.jpg Thursday 17 May 2018 (Brian Shuff)

The idea of Winnipeg Transit in Pembina, North Dakota, amuses me.  Longest 60 Pembina bus route, ever!

I wonder if they have the same seats as the 170-199?

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

It's also worth noting that the logo decal on the front is slightly larger

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, Viafreak said:

Interesting that it came from New Flyer's Pembina plant. Always thought Transit's units were made here in Winnipeg.

It may be from New Flyer's Winnipeg-Crookston line, or from their St. Cloud line. Either way Pembina, ND, would be on the delivery route.

As I understand it units started in Winnipeg are usually finished in Crookston but can be finished in Winnipeg if the customer requests an all-Canadian build.

(Remember that the Pembina finishing plant is used to complete MCI (highway) units for U.S. Federally funded customers.  I don't believe the Pembina plant is involved in  city bus building).

Would be nice if they could add the T logo on the rear, though I guess many of the rears will eventually be covered in wraps for pizzapizza or whatnot.

1 hour ago, MVTArider said:

Would be nice if they could add the T logo on the rear, though I guess many of the rears will eventually be covered in wraps for pizzapizza or whatnot.

IKR that would be a awesome idea

Is there a reason why Transit doesn't order buses with rear windows? I know they bought their first D40LFs with windows but haven't order any since? The rear of the XD40 looks bare without the rear window.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

Is there a reason why Transit doesn't order buses with rear windows? I know they bought their first D40LFs with windows but haven't order any since? The rear of the XD40 looks bare without the rear window.

Does the Excelsior have a rear window option?  I thought the space was occupied by diesel exhaust processing anti-pollution system...

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Does the Excelsior have a rear window option?  I thought the space was occupied by diesel exhaust processing anti-pollution system...

Yes they do have a rear window option. Translink and Kingston and a few place in Quebec and Miway just to name a few 

14 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

starting next change which would be June the 17th 

I'm not too sure if that has something to do with it... but what do I know? Let's wait and see